PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
A few months ago, I took my wife's car to be washed at a car wash.I told them to do some interior cleaning as well. The car is never very dirty inside, practically dust and some hairs from my sister-in-law's pets. I mean, just a little dog hair, no big deal, nothing alarming. The owners, who wash the cars, are a married couple. They told me how come I didn't tell them that there was animal hair on the seats and carpet. I said, excuse me, maybe I should have taken my car to another car wash, and then taken it clean to their wonderful car wash.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
There was that one time I tried to return a pair of pants. I decided to take a shortcut through my local underground, mass transit system; but in my haste slipped, falling rear-end first into a large puddle of mud.

Hence ruining the very pants I was returning.

Seriously John, when I think of something of my own I'll post it up - good idea for a thread!

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
A few months ago, I took my wife's car to be washed at a car wash.I told them to do some interior cleaning as well. The car is never very dirty inside, practically dust and some hairs from my sister-in-law's pets. I mean, just a little dog hair, no big deal, nothing alarming. The owners, who wash the cars, are a married couple. They told me how come I didn't tell them that there was animal hair on the seats and carpet. I said, excuse me, maybe I should have taken my car to another car wash, and then taken it clean to their wonderful car wash.
Late last fall I observed two cats perched high in the top of two separate trees batting dried apples at each other. In spring several kittens emerged from the barn, the puzzle was solved : forplay!

Donb1972

Can't Leave
Feb 9, 2022
Erie, PA
As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm a photographer, and I lost two clients a while back because I wasn't wearing a mask. Okay, that's their choice. The funny part is that their original inquiries were both the same ~ each family wanted to have a family portrait done...while they were all wearing masks. I imagine it would have been cheaper simply to draw masks on an old portrait :ROFLMAO:

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
When I was a kid and spent time at the local pool I’d walk past these showers (open concrete block area) with this stenciled on the blue wall: “All swimmers must shower in the nude before entering the pool.” I never, ever saw anyone use the showers and as God is my witness, until I was 10 I thought “the nude” was the name of the shower area. ?

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72 and scloyd

Franco Pipenbeans

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 7, 2021
Yorkshire, England
To follow on from HawkeyeLinus - I used to get confused in swimming baths when they used to have “no running, no diving, no heavy petting in the deep end.”
I used to think “why would someone bring a big dog to a swimming pool?”

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72