PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Denicotea

Brand founded in 1932 in Cologne, Germany, by Willy Heineberg. Denicotea is actually the name of a silica gel filter, cigarette holders and care products for pipes and cigarette holders. They also introduced the brands Aldo Morelli, Adsorba, Wessex.

Found on Pipedia. Not much help...

Ken Johnson

Lurker
Jul 2, 2020
They are an Italian brand available through a couple of internet sources in the UK.

The only ones I have seen are budget priced. I have 2, both bent briars, both model 218 one with a saddle bit, one with a straight bit. They take 9mm filters, I use Dr. Perl by Vauen. They have a dull finish, and one is 15% heavier than the other so quality control is probably not their first priority. They won't win any beauty competitions but they give me a point of reference against which I can measure more expensive pipes.

Broken in carefully, and allowed to rest 48 hours after each use, they both smoke like champs despite only costing about 30 dollars each including postage.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I've used their filters and pipe cleaners in the past. I really liked the pipe cleaners but sadly they don't seem to be available over here anymore.