SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 27, 2020
Do you like talking on the phone? Whenever someone calls me which is rare I assume it's some bad news but this summer I made friends with this older woman on the street, Yvonne, I mean old enough that I can mention her to my girlfriend without being accused of well... anyways she asked for my number many months ago for some logistical thing and now every month or so she gives me a ring to check in. Whenever she calls I'm like "who the hell is calling me?!" then see it's her and am happy to have a nice chat which never lasts more than 15mins but feel my mood totally change after speaking with her for that short time. Reminds me now that I am writing this that like 10 years ago this chick gave me her number and I decided to call her instead of text (which was the norm by then), actually it was at the urging of a friend, I was a bit nervous and when she answered she said something like "how old fashioned" in a chiding tone. Well, I won't even get into how the date went (well, unless someone wants to really know) but I will say I swore off going out with Australian women after that...

Oh Yvonne, I think I'll check in tomorrow. She looks amazing for someone in their 70s or any age really ;)

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
LOL

My wife says to me "Don't you have anything to talk about with your brother/sister/ mum ?" when I hang up after 2 mins.

My reply " We're seeing them tonight/tomorrow and what I have to say can wait until then"

OTH she's on the phone with one of her sisters every other day for at least an hour. Their goodbyes take more than 10mins 🙄

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
My job for 25 years was assisting customers over the phone to resolve their computer problems. First 8 years were helping end users with hardware issues. Last 17 years were with Fortune 500/overseas customers with their software on call back. I hate phones of any kind. If I don't recognize the number I ignore. If I recognize the number I ignore and check message later providing it was important enough they left a message.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I can make calls on my watch even if the phone is miles away. I can also make emergency calls via satellite. This is important why? I suffer from heart disease and want to be able to summon EMTs/Medic Evac or, what have you, if required. The ability to send and receive calls is for my benefit and I still suffer calls, when from friends, doctors and such, when known.

Jan 27, 2020
I can make calls on my watch even if the phone is miles away. I can also make emergency calls via satellite. This is important why? I suffer from heart disease and want to be able to summon EMTs/Medic Evac or, what have you, if required. The ability to send and receive calls is for my benefit and I still suffer calls, when from friends, doctors and such, when known.

You sound like a lot of fun to talk on the phone with. Care for a chat?