Tea Drinkers - What Online Stores Do You Use?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My favorite tea is available at Indian groceries, an English brand called P&G Tips, black tea with no additional flavorings, somewhat the non-aro of teas.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
I have been drinking Twinings Darjeeling Tea, as a matter of fact about to put the kettle on now!

nachman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2013
Yorkshire (the red, not the gold). It is similar to PG Tips but better. I buy a case at a time because we go through a lot.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I use Harney and Sons, I prefer loose tea. Better Brew, IMHO. If you like PG Tips, try Harney and Sons Irish Breakfast. It's 100% Assam tea. I found that the flavor profile I liked in PG Tips was the Assam. Stay away from the Harney and Sons at Barnes &Noble, it's inferior to my taste, it's just run of the mill blended tea, PG Tips and others out preform Them. H&S website has all the good stuff.

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
I used to buy a lot of Whittard of Chelsea teas when tealuxe was around. Now I go direct to www.whittard.co.uk for my selections.
I frequently order their russian caravan, elderflower earl grey, keemun mao feng, lapsang souchong, tuo cha, and whisky teas. My wife has her own favorites as well....

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Betjeman & Barton. I ordered from them back when they had a US seller in North Carolina. After that folded, I still ordered from the Paris shop, but that got to be too pricey after a while. Loved their Lapsang teas.
In fact, i'm pretty sure that I have my father's love of Lapsang Souchang to thank for my Latakia affinity. I started making it for him as soon as I was old enough to boil water, and I've been drinking it ever since. Perfect for a cold winter's night....
Any other rabid Lapsang fans out there? Any suggestions for US suppliers?

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
My wife has been getting most of her teas from Silk Road lately, and they're quite nice - I inherited a tin of pu-erh that she didn't much care for.
Vital Tea Leaf in Seattle is a favorite shop in the Pike Place Market, specializing in Chinese teas. They also offer online ordering.

sailortodd

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2011
I'm am a huge fan of tea, and have found a few great places online. My usual criteria are a good selection of unflavored black teas and a decent selection of organic options. The below list is in order of my level of experience with them, not in order of most to least favorite, as they all have unique qualities that keep me coming back to each.
theteaspot.com: good selection of all varieties in both flavored and unflavored form. Their Shagadelic English Breakfast is one of my favorite English Breakfast teas.
arborteas.com: my recent favorite, also mentioned a couple of times above. A large variety of organic tea, and everything I've had is great quality. Love the Makaibari Estate Darjeeling (both first and second flush, each with its own great characteristics).
teavivre.com: Chinese teas are their go-to, and I like their selection of both green tea and black. I had a great keemun hao ya from here, and the dragonwell green is good as well. They also have a large selection of EU certified organic teas with the certification information scanned and available, something I haven't seen elsewhere. It is a French/Chinese joint venture I believe. When you buy from here your tea ships from mainland China.
adagio.com: this place has some weirdly named teas that can be confusing, but what I've had from here is good. Can't remember any one in particular that stood out.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
My truly lovely Canadian daughter-in-law frequently enjoys gifting from David's Teas... I've had the chance to try several I never would have bought for myself and been very pleasantly surprised! I can see why people can become tea enthusiasts.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I drink Harney & Sons Earl Grey. I buy it from a small mom n pop business called Amazon. They apparently sell other stuff besides tea.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I buy my tea from the closest shop to me-it does have a website for online sales-The Spice Merchant in Wichita Kansas. Closest I can come to buying "locally." They sell a Scottish breakfast blend tea I'm quite fond of.

Status
Not open for further replies.