PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BriarLinedMeer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 15, 2020
New Zealand
Hi All,

I've recently smoked my first clay and the more I smoke it the more I like it!
Out of interest, and as subjective as it may be, has anyone tried one of those larger, very long tavern pipes?

Like this one here (around the 1:30 mark)

I like how light they are, and the smaller bowl size, they just seem to smoke nicer.

How do you all find them?

Thanks.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Make sure to show off your clay pipes in this thread.
I myself am an absolute fan of clay pipes but I haven't acquired one of those 16 inchers yet.
They come in many different shapes and sizes, all of them affordable for anyone.
I can smoke a clay pipe, finish and empty it and pack another bowl right afterwards. All through the day.
Sipping or smoking hot, whatever I like at that exact minute. My clay pipe will play along and be happy to be used.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I myself am an absolute fan of clay pipes but I haven't acquired one of those 16 inchers yet.
They come in many different shapes and sizes, all of them affordable for anyone.
I can smoke a clay pipe, finish and empty it and pack another bowl right afterwards. All through the day.
Sipping or smoking hot, whatever I like at that exact minute. My clay pipe will play along and be happy to be used.
@Chaukisch I broke the stem on my churchwarden pipe; it might have been a heat related stress that caused it to crack...
It meant the blacksmith at the Redcoats & Revolutionaries event had to come a bit closer to light my clay pipe with an ember from his forge:)

Reactions: Chaukisch

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Hi All,

I've recently smoked my first clay and the more I smoke it the more I like it!
Out of interest, and as subjective as it may be, has anyone tried one of those larger, very long tavern pipes?

Like this one here (around the 1:30 mark)

I like how light they are, and the smaller bowl size, they just seem to smoke nicer.

How do you all find them?

Thanks.
@BriarLinedMeer I'd smoke one of those long clay pipes and drink that tankard of ale heated in with the poker from the fire 🔥:)
I can almost smell the clay pipe smoke and taste the beer 🍺:); that pub must smell so good...
A good swig of my pint would wash the clay pipe smoke down most agreeably!

BriarLinedMeer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 15, 2020
New Zealand
@BriarLinedMeer I'd smoke one of those long clay pipes and drink that tankard of ale heated in with the poker from the fire 🔥:)
I can almost smell the clay pipe smoke and taste the beer 🍺:); that pub must smell so good...
A good swig of my pint would wash the clay pipe smoke down most agreeably!
Its super aesthetic aye, I'd love to go back in time for an evening!

BriarLinedMeer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 15, 2020
New Zealand
They're exceptional, I want a longer one so I can hold the stem and smoke it hotter :D