PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
Early last spring I had a wicked cold ( broncitis-sinusitius), after it went away 1Q has not tasted the same to me. The flavors of the rest of my tobaccos tastes the same. I even broke into my cellard pound just to see if it was the tobacco. I still smoke it out of spite but to no avail it's just not the same. Has this ever happened to anyone else. Any suggestions?

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
No I feel great, I spent the whole summer smoking 1Q in every pipe I have to see if it was the pipes, tobacco or me. I loved the stuff. I would have thought something else would taste strange. Food is good, soda, Liquor all good.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Maybe any "aging" of the 1Q has slightly changed the flavor profile for you and your taste buds were sensitive to the change? *speculation*
I know when I ordered 1Q and smoked it I fell in love. In looooooooooooooooooooooove. But after about 2-3 weeks in an airtight jar I just don't get the same enjoyment out of it as the first week of it. Either you have grown used to it (which is what I've assumed has happened in my situation) or you prefer the FRESH "version" of 1Q. (which doesn't make much sense to me, because if I have it in an airtight jar I don't know if tobacco ages that fast to cause a signifigant flavor change, specifically to 1Q)
The Captain Black still tastes the same from the pouch howver... just saying.
I could be completely wrong and I could be akin to the same situation you are acosted with. Minus the viral affliction?
Maybe we would be so lucky that Lawrence would comment on the "Aging Particulars" of 1Q specifically.

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
You know I took it out of a bail top jar and put it in a regular mason jar, maybe I will try that bail top again.

It is probably one of those leaded Made in China jars that gave it that extra wang.

Thanks for the Ideas/ suggestions Guys and Cyndi!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Guys and Cyndi.... Couldn't even say my name... :crying:
Maybe I should be flattered that you think of me as more than one person? lol

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
So sorry Spartan, how insensitive of me. A little attention from the opposite sex and I get Stupid.

Besides its you, Bugs and your lady in the picture no?

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Well, if you just can't stand it anymore you can always send it to me :lol:

macnutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2011
It is hard to imagine that the cold from last spring is the culprit, especially if that tobacco is the only notable difference you are experiencing. Sometimes, one's taste preferences just alter. Try leaving it completely off the roster for a few months. It my be like rediscovered love when you return. That works for me when I get tired of a wine, beer, or favourite food.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Send all of it to Lawrence, he will smoke it and let you know if there is any taste change. Really, he is nice like that. :lol:

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Try leaving it completely off the roster for a few months.
macnutz I may just give that a try.

Mike, put a note on your calendar so you will remember to let us know how the experiment turns out. Thanks.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Aros never seem to age 'well' for me, everything else does, but for some reason i havent found one aro that ages well... Personal opinion

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
I figured it out guys and gals.

I started taking a muscle relaxer to help with my back and headaches at about the same time. I quit the half pill of muscle relaxer at bed time five days ago. Just lit up some 1Q and BAM it tastes great again. So far so good on the migraines and back spasams. Strange that its the only taste that changed. But hey live and learn. I got dependant on the meds or so I thought. I say to heck with the pills and smoke more. Thanks for for all your input.

By the way the medication was Tizanadine.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
It's been my experience that sometimes aromatics don't age that well, even in the airtight Ball jars I store them in. It seems like they lose a bit of their sweetness. I order in smaller quantities now so I get them smoked up quicker.
Smokey

Status
Not open for further replies.