Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
At this point, i'am not sure which way to lean to smoke with aromatics or non? But now with patience, practice and time I think that I will be able to decipher the different blends.
Only way to know is to smoke more of both. You'll probably end up (like most people whether or not they admit it) smoking a mix of both. I've yet to really run into some one who ONLY smokes aros period full stop or the reverse.

reverendsasquatch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
Lancaster PA
So one thing I did was, instead of hoping around from major types of tobacco (Monday smoke an aero, Tuesday smoke a virginia, whatever...), to help develop my palette, I would just smoke one type of tobacco for a while. I would focus for a week or two on different kinds of English blends, for example, or a few weeks just smoking different types of virginias. I found I was able to pick up the subtle differences between blends a little better than I would if one day I was smoking 1Q, the next day Dunhill Flake, the next day an English blend, then back to another type of Virginia.
It's kinda like Coke and Pepsi. It's a lot easier to tell the difference if you drink them back to back than it would be if you drank a Sprite and then a Dr Pepper between them. Does that make sense?

nightrider

Lurker
Dec 29, 2015
Reverendsasquat: makes perfect sense.
I just opened a tin of Mississippi Mud to see if I could taste any difference from Bed & Breakfast? Nope, tasted the same and it's getting frustrating. So I am going to just stay on the Mississippi Mud per your suggestion and then switch to another blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.