PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Tamper received and a lot extra! Thanks to Michael for the generous gift of (aged) baccy on top of a beautiful work of art!
image2-600x371.jpg

This is proof positive that this is an awesome community.
Cheers
RD :puffy:

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Finally was able to get my tamper sent out. Should be there in Saturday post.

Jun 4, 2014
I feel bad because I didn't get it out sooner, but I got my package to the post office today. Per the post office it should arrive on Monday.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I received my tamper today. If I can get to my pipe club tomorrow, I will take it with me. Otherwise it will be used in my garage.

Jun 4, 2014
I got my got my package today from phrock, he sent me two tampers and a leather pipe rest! I'll post some photos when I get a chance.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
I also got a package today. It had the tamper and a small sample of 3 different tobacco. This tamper will be great while out in the shop or working around the yard.

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
I got my package today. Winton outdid himself with a generous addition of tobaccos. The mushroom tamper not only put a big smile on my face, but my girlfriend thought it was quite wonderful and couldn't stop talking about it.
Thanks for organizing the tamper exchange, Winton; it's always fun.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Got my tamper from the Derfatdutchman today--along with a tin of Orlik Golden Slices. I was pleasantly surprised by both. First off, the tamper is shorter than I thought it was. Looked longer in the pics above. It's a perfect pocket tamper !It has a good heft which I like and is very well made !
I must confess that when I opened the tin my first thought was -"shit-it's a flake". I say that because when it comes to loading my pipe I am rather lazy. Flakes take to much time and effort to pack. :roll: But after mutilating a flake and stuffing it into my Grabow Royalton billiard I was very pleasantly surprised. I've never smoked this before and I was expecting to be bitten by the VA in it as most VA's and VA/PERs do bite me. I keep a few on hand even though. No bite from this and a taste I liked. A second bowl confirmed that! I think this is probably the first VA/PER I have tried that could be an all day smoke for me--and I smoke a lot.

Thanks Dutchman !!

Jun 4, 2014
Ed I glad you like the tamper and the tobacco! Golden Slices was the first flake and VaPer I ever tried and remains one of my favorite blends due to its easy going nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.