PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Wow from what I saw those tampers were great looking. Make my simple tamper look like childishly.
John

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
One week to go and we have four tampers. Luckily, this is a long weekend! Plenty of time to grab your pocketknife or fire up your tools.
Don't forget to keep an eye on the grill. If you forgot the last time you left the meat on the grill too long, your family hasn't!

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Alright, here is my humble entry for consideration. I am feeling a bit inadequate, given the entries so far, but it is handmade by me, so here goes in way of description;
A wood and brass casing tamper, scorched, sanded and oiled. The casing has been steel brushed to bring up the shine. The end comes to a gentle point and curve, the later serves as a place for your thumb to rest comfortably while tamping. The pointed end can be used to gently remove ash at the end of your smoke.
image-150x150.jpg

Cheers. RD :puffy:

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
Rolldog: I'm working on one with a very similar design. :) hoping to have a pic up within a day or two.

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
I switched up ideas. Carved from a much larger log. Not sure the wood. Brass wire wrapping for contrast.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
@Winton please send ,me your address so I can have the wife in the mail it. Since I'll be in the Hospital for a while

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
The exchange ends on Saturday. Everyone that posts a picture by then will be in the pot. Then I will make up a list of who sends their tamper to whom.

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
@Winton: Yes it is copper wire. Didn't turn out quite as I imagined (I'm not sure what I was going for) It was the first time I have done something like that, but with some practice, I imagine I could get something quite artistic going on. Thank you, sir, for the compliment.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Shaintiques, congrats! I have been blessed with continuous employment for almost 20 years. But lots of people are struggling.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
From what this man has done to help others. I am more than willing to share a couple of Tampers for him. They will be along the lines of the one I posted above.
John

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Below is the list of all the people who have posted pictures of their tampers. Then I sorted based off the number of posts they have made. Actually, I have 1792 posts, but since ejames and I have traded in past, I wanted to separate us.
Each person will send their tamper to the person below them on the list, and ejames will send to travlergypsy. You are responsible to send a PM to the one who will receive your tamper. Once you have an address, send it out and post that it has been sent. Also post when you receive your tamper.
Mirain, I will PM you shortly for your address.
travlergypsy 60

winton 92

mirain 200

rolldog 229

phxrock 256

derfatdutchman 780

ejames 3858

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
rolldog,

Your tamper was sent this morning. Scheduled delivery is Wednesday.
Best,

Michael

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Just read the responses to my above. Phxrocks I appreciate the willingness to send extra, but it isn't necessary and I'm glad Winton didn't include me. The tamper exchange isn't really about getting a tamper but the fun of making one. I do appreciate it though. Thanks! Some nice looking tampers guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.