PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

minerLuke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2023
Vancouver BC
I guess if you want someone to play the devils advocate, I'll try. I don't have anything against Rossi, I had two and both were decent smokers for the price, although I did find the stem/button work to be only on par with the price, only acceptable.

One point in general I have found is that for full bent pipes in the under $100 price point, the drilling has been pretty haphazard and I haven't been very happy with any of them.

If I was to buy a Rossi, I would personally choose either a straight or very slightly bent model to up my chances of success.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
If I had the funds I still would not buy it ,it is not my ascetic..to each their own,if it is for you go for . It is not for me,but you can pull it off
Just compared price of one to the other to make the purchase easier. The Davidson is too small for me even if it were less expensive.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
@minerLuke has the ideal.... Come on this forum, asked to be talked out of buying a pipe and told to buy a more expensive pipe :)

That gentlemen is how its done!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I love my Rossis. My apple will never leave my side. We have been through a lot together.

Now a days I smoke smaller pipes, but my Rossi's were always fantastic smokers.

Reactions: Zero

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Not sure how these guys are relevant, lol. Cary would encourage you, the good Father would forgive you. FYI, the movie from which the pic is taken is on TCM tonight.

Image 1.jpegImage.jpeg

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Am I too late?
I just saw this post!
I've been busy all wknd minding my own business, I'm SO, SO, SORRY!
Don't buy it. It's not a Peterson.
There's no P-lip!
Did I mention it's not a Peterson?
I'm glad I could step in and provide my much needed service.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Someone needs to talk me out of my PAD too. Im looking at more Paul Becker pipes. But no one here is gonna talk sense to me. It probably wouldnt matter if they did.