PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Yea, I've heard that Carl's Jr. is good but never tried. I don't believe we have any here on the best coast? The absolute BEST fast food chain I've ever been I have to say is Culver's out of either WI or MI. Their buttered burgers and frozen custard shakes are the bomb.
I've only seen Carls when i lived in Cali, Culver's are everywhere no, had their burgers and they were ok but Carls had the actual fresh veggies on the burgers and it was the difference, In n Out likes to say fresh veggies but it's wilted crap for the most part, In n Out is one of the most overrated chains ever, the reason they have long lines is their food is cheap, but how much can you charge for a little tiny paper thin circle of meat....

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I only eat Taco Bell if I’ve been drinking….significantly. As a result, I eat ungodly amounts of it and everytime I immediately blast shit.

Life is full of good decisions that feel terrible, and terrible decisions that feel good. Every man must strike his own balance between the two. And for some of us that balance includes the occasional emergency dump.

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
In California I used to like Carl’s Jr. they had good fresh stuff, which is funny because Hardee’s sucks 😂
Sadly, Carl's Jr. has also greatly declined in quality in the last couple of decades. I would eat there regularly when I lived in California as well, and I noticed the decline over the years. It's still probably better than most, but In-N-Out is the only fast food place I'd want to get a burger at these days.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
While dating the lady that I’d soon marry, we took in Kansas City one weekend, long ago. There was the art gallery, the zoo, Union Station and Liberty Memorial, and after dark we dined at a fancy, racy and decadent establishment named La Foo Frog.

The staff was mostly lesbians in tight tuxedos, the menu exotic. A Liza Minelli type singer crooned before a grand piano.

There was caviar on the menu, and neither of us had ever, had caviar.

For $250 I ordered the caviar extravaganza.

My future wife, thought caviar tasted like strong fish eggs, and only ate tiny samples of the best, but I loved caviar.

They had a huge plate with a dozen different kinds, and I can testify that like anything else in this old sin cussed world, the higher dollar the caviar the better it was. Over the evening, I cleaned up the entire huge plate.

On Monday morning I woke up with my right toe, swelled up to where I could barely wear my shoe.

I had gout, at age 42. It hurt something horrible for a week.

I’ve not had gout again since 2001.

I’m not geared for caviar, no more.:)

But at least I had a good nurse, you know.

Jan 27, 2020
I only eat Taco Bell if I’ve been drinking….significantly. As a result, I eat ungodly amounts of it and everytime I immediately blast shit.

Life is full of good decisions that feel terrible, and terrible decisions that feel good. Every man must strike his own balance between the two. And for some of us that balance includes the occasional emergency dump.

Smelling like a gyro when you wake up the next day after drinking....significantly because it seemed like a good idea at 3am stinks, especially if you have facial hair.

Reactions: Briar Tuck
Jan 27, 2020
We’re big fans of Culver’s.

Not sure if they have expanded beyond the east coast but this small chain called Shake Shack which started in NYC is basically an overpriced copy of Culver's, although, they have this pretty amazing vegetarian burger which is basically a breaded portabella mushroom injected with Munster cheese. Sort of dangerous to eat if you are really hungry as the molten cheese can cause really bad tongue bite.

Jan 27, 2020
Everyone in the South knows, after a night of drinking you finish the evening (morning) at Waffle House.

PS - I have never had the Taco Bell cleanse issue. It's our travel fast food b/c it's not your standard burger joint.

I love Waffle House but Waffle House to me means ordering both pecan waffles and hashbrowns. Probably a good thing the nearest one is 3hrs away...

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I shit you not, a popular "colon cleanse" in the health and fitness industry circa 2005-2010 was eating 10-15 apples and drinking 8oz of olive oil. puffy
Back around that time-frame I did an apple/coffee diet. Could eat only raw apples, could drink only black coffee (no straight water!).

In hindsight, the stupidity of that is on the surface, as coffee is a diuretic such that the experts tell us to add a glass of water for every cup of coffee consumed.

I spent most of three days on the crapper until I gave up.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
I think the biggest mistake in my life as far as drinking/eating goes was when I turned 21 I was already super drunk and thought hey people mix alcohol into eggnog. All I got left is this everclear might as well. Not my smartest decision in life atleast I was able to make it to backyard where I throughly 🤮 my guts out.