PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

russ

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2012
Almost ready to click check out. Any suggestions?
GL Pease Barbary Coast

Peterson Tin - Sherlock Holmes

Nording Labrador Pipe Tobacco Tin

GL Pease Maltese Falcon

Sam Gawith Tin Pipe Tobacco -Grousemoor

GL Pease Stratford

McClelland Tastemaster

McClelland Tin - Frog Morton on the Bayou

Spartan's English by M. Morreale

MacBaren HH Highland Blend Limited Edition (x2)

MacBaren 7 Seas Royal Blend 3.5oz Tin

Two Friends Pipe Tobacco - English Chocolate

Cornell & Diehl Tin - Sunset Harbor Flake

Cornell & Diehl Evening Rise

Benjamin Hartwell Evening Stroll

Dunhill Night Cap

Butera Latakia No.1

russ

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2012
I know, but I am a new pipeoholic as my soon to be bride likes to call it. We are getting married in May, and as a wedding gift from her, she gave me an allowance so to speak. I have 2 pipes as of right now, a Missouri Cob and Dr. G "The Duke". I have already coming in the mail a MacQueen Halfling churchwarden, and 3 German imports 2 bent 1 straight. Shes looking at a Calabash Gourd on E-bay for my B-day in June.
So my TAD is pretty much a mish mosh of cuts and flavors that I have picked from looking at others members TAD's. I figure I really cant go wrong, I will either love them all, or at least some. The rest I can either trade or cellar for a later date. I already have my mason jars ready to go, went out and bought them today.

grafikchaos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2012
Chapin, SC
Just a couple. G. L. Pease Westminster. To me, this is the perfect English. Peterson Old Dublin and Irish Oak. Both are fantastic, and the Old Dublin in particular has some really great sweet notes that are in the background and make you go, "hmmm, nice." I can't speak for the Mac Baren 7 Seas Royal, but their Regular blend is to me the perfect aromatic. Any way you look at it, enjoy. That's one helluva cellar you're starting up. :)

russ

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2012
Added the Westminster, Old Dublin and Irish Oak. Out of stock on the MB 7 Sea Reg. Its on my wish list.

Yeah its getting big fast, but I know after this its gonna be "OMG How much are you going to buy?!?!?!" So i figure go big now whilst I have the go ahead. :P

mushjoon

Might Stick Around
Nov 26, 2011
Frog Morton on the Bayou is one of the few blends that I smoke these days. Definitely worth a try.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
If you still have room on your list, I would add Seattle Pipe Club's Plum Pudding :puffy:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I've had some on your list but these are great:

GL Pease Barbary Coast

McClelland Tastemaster

MacBaren 7 Seas Royal Blend 3.5oz Tin

Two Friends - English Chocolate

Dunhill Night Cap
I think my favorite of those would be Barbary Coast.
-Jason

Jul 12, 2011
Always good to have some nice pure Vs or VaPer/Bur and maybe

some burley blends to keep on hand as well and ...I love smoke'in the Med-Full

English blends but like to lighten my taste buds from time to time ;-)
So some good ol Dunhill Flake, Peterson UF and Irish flake,

Escudo, MC's St. James Woods, Peretti's London flake,

Rattray's Marlin flake, any of the SG blends if you can get them (FVF,

St. James, Bracken, 1792, etc) Maybe some Aro blends as well; Boswell's

makes some very good ones like; x-mas cookie, chocolate cream,

Berry cobbler as well as C&D's Autumn evening, 1-Q, etc all great

bacci to have on hand

russ

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2012
I just got the email saying shipment wil be here tomorrow for first order placed on Saturday night. Hoping the order I placed last night will also be here then. Tomorrows order wil have my pipes and a few tins. After ordering all of that last night I said "self, where are you putting all of this?" so today along with going out for more mason jars gonna look for a nice cabinet to store my stash. I also forgot that I have 10 pounds of bulk tobacco coming in for my RYO as well. My bride is gonna kill me. Lmao. :p

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
As grafikchaos said, you'll be glad you got Westminster. It's one of my favorite English blends around. I've got two or three tins sitting in the cellar.

russ

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2012
My question now is this...

I know with my bulk I am going to break it up into carton size jars for my RYO 8oz per jar gives me 1 carton. 10lbs = 20 jars so I am set there. But when it comes to the tins, I know I am going to want to try each one. So my question is; Do I just open up each tin and just get them Jared all at once? Spend the hour or so jarring and getting it over with, or should I just wait and every day as I try a new one, open it then jar? I bought 2 of the Mac B HH limited so I can have one to try and keep the autographed tin for my self, and the other just going to keep cellared in opened for a later trade or sale in a few years.
Side note, all of the suggestions that were made after I placed my order are on my next TAD list. :)

grafikchaos

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2012
Chapin, SC
I am by no means and expert on jarring. If it were me, just leave the tins you plan on trying later on alone. I wouldn't worry about jarring anything until after you've tried it. If it's a tobacco that just sings to you, then let it sit in the tin while you enjoy it over the next several days or weeks. If it's a tobacco that you don't really care for, jar it immediately after trying, and let it age some. Go back to it after 6 months or a year (or longer) and see if your tastes have changed or if aging has helped. If you're in the middle with it, then give the tobacco a couple of more tries, before deciding if it's going to be a regular or a save for later. And finally, if it is a tobacco you really like, be sure to order more, just in case. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.