PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
How in the hell does one get a college scholarship to study Sam Clemens (or anyone else for that matter)? I assume you're talking about the Sam Clemens who is better known as Mark Twain.
Taco Bell is great.
It was simple - good grades and a good essay on American literature.
The eighties were a great time to be a college student.

Reactions: BROBS and mingc

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
It does on Veg.
Hard to get the veg anymore! Most restaurants sell it to a recycler and buying it post dumpster is closer to the cost of just regular diesel. Plus you still usually have to have a diesel tank for startup.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Long story here. I was in college on a scholarship to study Sam Clemens. We were doing an excavation at his in-laws farm, a beautiful place atop a steep hill.
First day heading up I had 3 passengers in the Rabbit. Maybe 50 feet from the apex the car just wouldn’t ascend any further. I had them all get out, and I made it to the top.
Taco Bell plays no part in this post.
If they hadn’t eaten that 1 extra fast food taco....

Reactions: instymp and jpberg

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
If they hadn’t eaten that 1 extra fast food taco....
We were not guilty of that sin. No one had heard of Mexico in the eighties, other than bull fights.
Oh goodness, that’s probably a different thread.

Reactions: BROBS

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
My scholarship was sponsored by Anheiser Busch
For the record, cases of Piels pounders were 12.99, Popov Vodka and Pub Club gin were 7.99/ plastic gallon jug.
I know about the liquor because my professor, who drove a ‘73 Dodge Dart, sustained himself on baloney sandwiches and booze until his thesis was accepted.

Jan 27, 2020
For the record, cases of Piels pounders were 12.99, Popov Vodka and Pub Club gin were 7.99/ plastic gallon jug.
I know about the liquor because my professor, who drove a ‘73 Dodge Dart, sustained himself on baloney sandwiches and booze until his thesis was accepted.

Did any professors drive Citroens?

Reactions: BROBS

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
And the Lowenbrau flowed freely. (Man I miss Lowenbrau.?. That swill brewed in Canada and stamped with Lowenbrau seal just wasn’t the same)

Reactions: jpberg

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Haha.
150+ comments about Taco Bell?
Definitely TL/DR.
Solid competition for most absurd thread with the one about the friend's hairline issues.

Aug 1, 2012
When they changed to hospital colors in the late 90s (and only hired the high school rejects) in my local I got put off of the 'Bell. When they discontinued the Mexican Pizza, the chain became dead to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.