PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I don't know about sweeter but you can give Wilke a try. Their Lizzie Blood Red VA and their Peanut Butter & Chocolate are quite nice.

Vauen makes a few ridiculously sweet blends but they're not available in bulk.

Reactions: AroEnglish

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
It's the difference in air exposure in bulk versus a tin, no extra toppings. The information came from @JimInks via Sutliff.
This is very true. I, among other pipers, have experienced many instances of this over the years.

No company is going to the expense of doing two different runs of the same blend just create two different levels of sweetness.

Sutliff's former blender, Carl McAllister, who created MD and CB, told me many years back that they are the same blend.

Last edited:

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Sutliff's former blender, Carl McAllister, who created MD and CB, told me many years back that they are the same blend.

It's a little off topic, but what I'd be really curious to know is whether Sutliff's Pumpkin Spice and Straus's Sleepy Hollow are the same blend. I've heard a few folks suggest that they are, but it would be nice to know for sure before I spend the money on a 5 ounce bag of Sleepy Hollow when I already have a jar of Pumpkin Spice in the cellar.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
It's a little off topic, but what I'd be really curious to know is whether Sutliff's Pumpkin Spice and Straus's Sleepy Hollow are the same blend. I've heard a few folks suggest that they are, but it would be nice to know for sure before I spend the money on a 5 ounce bag of Sleepy Hollow when I already have a jar of Pumpkin Spice in the cellar.
I can't say for certain as I haven't had the chance to directly compare them, but the contents do seem similar.

Reactions: Skippy B. Coyote

Pip'n'Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2022
Late to the party, but Lord Methley’s from 4noggins was like smoking cotton candy. The sweetest I have tried by a mile.

• Wow

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
I often hear about how sweet
Molto Dolce is. Does anyone know if there’s anything sweeter than that out there, especially in bulk?

While Molto Dolce/Creme Brulee are deliciously sweet, two of the sweetest tobaccos I've smoked are Straus Rookwood & The Country Squire White Rose. Both are readily available as bulk offerings.