PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I don't know anything about electric guitars, but that is a Beautiful piece of art. I'm sure it will serve you well for many years.

My acoustic 'Lucy' is getting jealous at me looking at this thread.
Lucy is a great name for an acoustic.

I finally settled on a name late last night (er... early this morning) that I think fits her well.

After finally playing this guitar for a while, it hit me. She's pretty, sure. But she's got some bite in her too! Secretly a shield maiden, she is. Dernhelm, being the alias of Eowyn from the Lord Of The Rings when she goes to battle in secret. Dernhelm, meaning "hidden" or "secret" protector. She was beautiful and golden haired, but she was also, ultimately, the slayer of the Witch King lord of the Nazgul and his terrifying mount. So I think the name is fitting for this guitar. The golden color, and all the gold hardware, the beauty of this instrument. And then while beautiful, she can play soft and sweet, but has some growl, and some anger and fight in her too. And a touch of sadness. Eowyn is the perfect name, I think. So Eowyn it is!

Reactions: lightmybriar

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I can strum about three chords on the uke. That's about the extent of it. But I am amazed at how man songs you can sing to just those three. Like the old quote about country music, three chords and the truth.

Reactions: anthonyrosenthal74

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
I used to sell a lot of those guitars when I worked at a music store. I’m an acoustic guy, so it was always hard for me to relate to switches/amps/pickups etc...I just wanted to play a guitar and have the sound come out of it! That being said, for the price point, I always steered people towards those Ibanez hollow bodies, they always sounded great right out of the box, in whatever amp you plugged into, with a minimum of fiddling, and were solidly built instruments. So many of the Gibsons we got in the store arrived with nicks, scratches, fucked up truss rods, warped necks and everything imaginable that I will never buy a new Gibson.

You did good! String that puppy up with some .13’s!

Reactions: anthonyrosenthal74
Jan 8, 2013
So many of the Gibsons we got in the store arrived with nicks, scratches, fucked up truss rods, warped necks and everything imaginable that I will never buy a new Gibson.
I've been pretty unimpressed with Gibson for years, their quality control seems to have gone down the tubes. And it seems to be pretty widely accepted that you're just paying for the name and not quality anymore. However, my understanding is the Epiphone end of the company still puts out good instruments. So if I ever decide to get a Les Paul it will be the Epiphone version and not the Gibson.

Status
Not open for further replies.