Sutliff Virginia Slices

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Above those are the luxury OTC blends like Captain Black, Borkum Riff, and Amphora. Read those and they brag about having Virginia tobacco in them.

This is the very first time I have ever seen the word "Luxury" associated with Captain Black, Borkum Riff, or Amphora in my entire life. puffy

Also, just something to consider:

Prince Albert is barely palatable fresh, I can't imagine the degradation that would happen to it over 30 years and the resultant taste. Sutliff Cavendish is entirely bland so really the only quality tobacco in your custom blend is the Cornell and Diehl Virginia. Perhaps then, it might be the Virginia that saved it?

Ironically, C&D is most famous for their Burley blends. Some say (myself included) that C&D Burleys are the finest obtainable and Jeremy is a true master in bringing out all their flavors.

You should try some good Burley blends before you turn your nose up at them.

I agree words matter. But then again, I spent 37 years concerned about linguistics and word usage. That said, people are fundamentally flawed and the words that spew out from them spew out from fundamentally flawed beings... so, I take most things with a grain of salt.

BUT.... WHAT DOES MATTER... are the patterns that emanate from a persons behaviors. THAT you can take to the bank.

A person can misspeak all of the time about their beliefs and their actions, but if their behaviors are that of a saint and the consequences of their actions on others are a blessing, then they are almost by definition a saint.

Story tellers are no different. They tell stories. They are actors...empty of almost everything you might be able to hang a hat on and call real... wait.... wait... hmmm, or is that lawyers? I get confused. It's almost like they are the same thing.
Even in theater, when the writer has an actor say something factually WRONG, they are still wrong!
Now, if Briar Rabbit here wants to swoon all day about how he thinks his pipes are the best and how he thinks his tobacco is the best, then who is to say likewise? But, to spew misinformation is as good as him being a liar.
Am I wrong?

Now if you can’t tell the differences between members on here swapping facts and opinions, maybe correcting one another in learning more, connecting the dots…. And, just making shit up based on some crappy storytelling…. Then that is on you.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Even in theater, when the writer has an actor say something factually WRONG, they are still wrong!
Now, if Briar Rabbit here wants to swoon all day about how he thinks his pipes are the best and how he thinks his tobacco is the best, then who is to say likewise? But, to spew misinformation is as good as him being a liar.
Am I wrong?

Now if you can’t tell the differences between members on here swapping facts and opinions, maybe correcting one another in learning more, connecting the dots…. And, just making shit up based on some crappy storytelling…. Then that is on you.
Maybe it is on me, but there ARE ways to correct people that don't come across corporal. And that matters. At least to me. When anyone rises to the lectern to spank another or call out another, there is nothing left but to bring out the popcorn. And... so I did.

There is a fine art to correcting misinformation on a forum. if done in a manner that "calls out" or "corrects" in a manner that speaks authoritative, then whoever is doing the talking has lost me.

However, when a speaker suggests kindly that evidence to the contrary speaks otherwise and then asks the person in question to respond as to their thoughts on what has just been presented, one has offered a kind bit of dialog that favors no humiliation and serves only education.

I am not suggesting you are wrong in what you stated. I am not suggesting you were wrong to present information to the contrary. And, I am not suggesting you are wrong in any manner by which you presented your information. But, when information is presented as such as it was, I will pop some popcorn.

I thought you made valid and interesting points. But, my prior posts were not directed to you. I was responding to woodsroad. I have always maintained that a man's words mean little. If I am deaf, only his actions can educate me as to what type of a man he is. Men say all sorts of stuff. Their actions say nothing but the truth of who they are. And Mr. Woodsroad agreed that if you walk away laughing, that ain't all bad. Do you disagree?

I thought you made valid and interesting points. But, my prior posts were not directed to you. I was responding to woodsroad. I have always maintained that a man's words mean little. If I am deaf, only his actions can educate me as to what type of a man he is. Men say all sorts of stuff. Their actions say nothing but the truth of who they are. And Mr. Woodsroad agreed that if you walk away laughing, that ain't all bad. Do you disagree?
I appreciate that you agree with my "corrections" or rebuts... whatevers, ha ha. But, I had to go back and read Wood's posts again. And, now I am double baffled. What did he say that riled you up? He merely said about the same as I on just one point, and then he came back with a quiff to the rest of the boys that was a commentary on the situation as a whole... a blowhard to blowhard, "He speaks with self-appointed authority. Who are you to question?" That's pure comedy gold there. So, I am not sure what the problem is.

I don't know about y'all............. but I like to see the Coz get riled up every now and then.........
It kinda makes this place REAL....... Ya Know?
Ha ha, you are terrible, ha ha... Yep, I have debated things through many pages, but never on a easy to prove fact, and only when the other party seems to be having fun also, mostly just outlooks or more philosophical things. I am also not afraid to be wrong. Hell, this forum is littered with my wrongs that were corrected. But, you won't see me climbing trees to keep a falsehood going. I may ask for further clarification... or ask if another part of the fact is wrong as well. But, I am thankful to have a forum full of very knowledgeable folks that are fun also. It's a safe place to be wrong. Just roll with it. puffy

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Ha ha, you are terrible, ha ha... Yep, I have debated things through many pages, but never on a easy to prove fact, and only when the other party seems to be having fun also, mostly just outlooks or more philosophical things. I am also not afraid to be wrong. Hell, this forum is littered with my wrongs that were corrected. But, you won't see me climbing trees to keep a falsehood going. I may ask for further clarification... or ask if another part of the fact is wrong as well. But, I am thankful to have a forum full of very knowledgeable folks that are fun also. It's a safe place to be wrong. Just roll with it. puffy
As a Yankee., it's just plain old good fashioned fun to see a couple of southern boys go at it........
I meant no dis-respect....... I just check in once in a while and I like what I see.......
This place is the only social media for me.......... you guy's kinda like family here..........
and Coz........ PM me about Arizona Torquoise......... is it worth anything?........ I inherited about 5-10 pounds that my late great-aunt got in Arizona......

• Love
Reactions: cosmicfolklore

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Telescopes and Briar Lee seem to have a thing going, almost as if they are two sides of the same coin. Y’all have fun playing together. I’m gonna take a lesson from Br’er Rabbit and not touch the Tar Baby, even though it begs to be poked.
They MAY have been roomies in college........... ?‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: woodsroad

telescopes

I appreciate that you agree with my "corrections" or rebuts... whatevers, ha ha. But, I had to go back and read Wood's posts again. And, now I am double baffled. What did he say that riled you up? He merely said about the same as I on just one point, and then he came back with a quiff to the rest of the boys that was a commentary on the situation as a whole... a blowhard to blowhard, "He speaks with self-appointed authority. Who are you to question?" That's pure comedy gold there. So, I am not sure what the problem is.
He didn’t rile me up. Someone else used that word.

I don’t think you are reading my posts correctly.

I was joking about the statement about words should mean something.

Maybe I need to use this?

I did so as a matter of ironic parody but as we know, this doesn’t translate well on the internet although I think @woodsroad understood it. I think so. My entire posts were in response to mr @Chasing Embers and @woodsroad . But for some reason I think you thought I was referencing you. And now we are talking. And I am eating more popcorn. You know us Californians. We are pretty wrapped up in ourselves (satire, that’s the word I was searching for. Why did I keep thinking parody?). But I still maintain a mans actions outweigh his words and words don’t mean shit. They should, but it seems they tend to just confuse the issue.

“why you said….”

”yah, I know I did but what I meant was…”

see what I mean…

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
He didn’t rile me up. Someone else used that word.

I don’t think you are reading my posts correctly.

I was joking about the statement about words should mean something.

Maybe I need to use this?

I did so as a matter of ironic parody but as we know, this doesn’t translate well on the internet although I think @woodsroad understood it. I think so. My entire posts were in response to mr @Chasing Embers and @woodsroad . But for some reason I think you thought I was referencing you. And now we are talking. And I am eating more popcorn. You know us Californians. We are pretty wrapped up in ourselves (satire, that’s the word I was searching for. Why did I keep thinking parody?). But I still maintain a mans actions outweigh his words and words don’t mean shit. They should, but it seems they tend to just confuse the issue.

“why you said….”

”yah, I know I did but what I meant was…”

see what I mean…
I didn't mean to rile any feathers........... I've BEEN to Palm Springs......... I'd live ther in a New York Minute.......

telescopes

Telescopes and Briar Lee seem to have a thing going, almost as if they are two sides of the same coin. Y’all have fun playing together. I’m gonna take a lesson from Br’er Rabbit and not touch the Tar Baby, even though it begs to be poked.
Nah, but I have lots of folk from that part of the country. An Ozark hillbilly is a different animal altogether and I’ve come to appreciate them in ways a lot of people can’t. But…. If you are really listening… then you should be able to read between the lines. Br’er takes himself seriously- but not as seriously as I think others take themselves and There lies the irony and the humor of it all. Right?

telescopes

I didn't mean to rile any feathers........... I've BEEN to Palm Springs......... I'd live ther in a New York Minute.......
It’s funny. Living here takes a bit of adjustment. It is so laid back and everyone is sooooo shallow. Especially the women. Ok, the gays are more shallow then them, but we are all fairly all about restaurants, cool shirts, parties, getting together for socializing, wineries, drinking wine, happy hours, hanging out, laughing, vacationing, traveling, going to the theater to see events, art shows, buying art, getting together for more drinks, and planning dinners for getting together to plan more stuff. Everyone has a built in pool, a gardener, a house keeper, and we don‘t seem to have enough time to fit any real work shit in that seems to matter to the rest of the country. Did I mention the 350 days of clear cloudless skies in a place surrounded by beautiful pristine mountains in every direction. I ride my motorcycle about 340 days a year and almost never with a jacket on unless I leave the desert. No traffic, little crime, and some fairly hefty levels of prosperity.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
It’s funny. Living here takes a bit of adjustment. It is so laid back and everyone is sooooo shallow. Especially the women. Ok, the gays are more shallow then them, but we are all fairly all about restaurants, cool shirts, parties, getting together for socializing, wineries, drinking wine, happy hours, hanging out, laughing, vacationing, traveling, going to the theater to see events, art shows, buying art, getting together for more drinks, and planning dinners for getting together to plan more stuff. Everyone has a built in pool, a gardener, a house keeper, and we don‘t seem to have enough time to fit any real work shit in that seems to matter to the rest of the country. Did I mention the 350 days of clear cloudless skies in a place surrounded by beautiful pristine mountains in every direction. I ride my motorcycle about 340 days a year and almost never with a jacket on unless I leave the desert. No traffic, little crime, and some fairly hefty levels of prosperity.
Man, I get it!.......... It's f'in paradise..........
We rented a MCM with a nice pool for a week, back when the BIG Marylin Monroe was on display........ Rode the Tram up to the San Jocintos mtns............. Buddy, Youre inthe sweet spot!!
My niece is moving to 29 Palms in FEB....... she's married to a Marine.
We plan on visiting her sometime........ I may look you up for a Pipe, Conversation, and a Beer...... '
puffy

Reactions: Servant King