PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Earlier this month pipesandcigars.com had a sale on tins of many Sutliff Private Stock blends, so as a fan of some of Sutliff's other aromatics I picked up a couple tins of Panna Cotta to try.

Like the creamy light Panna Cotta desert custard, this tobacco version is a sweet, mild, creamy aromatic. Mainly a burley/black cavendish blend. Some Virginia is in the blend too but way in the background. The topping/casing seems to be mainly a vanilla-toffee-caramel-butterscotch one. It's along the lines of Sutliff's Molto Dolce and Creme Brulee but much less wet and not so heavily topped. There was no snap-crackle-and-pop like smoking Molto Dolce. Didn't need to dry it right out of the tin and it burned cleanly and well with minimal relights. For me the burley came through quite nicely with mostly a vanilla taste that was quite sweet. The room note was outstanding. Minimal goop at the bottom of the bowl.

All in all I really enjoyed Panna Cotta as a pleasant easy going smoke and was surprised how quickly I burned through a tin of it. Recommended without hesitation for anyone who enjoys a fine aromatic tobacco.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Maybe still not quite tobacco forward enough for me, but sounds pretty good, something I might like for an ounce or two worth, as a change of pace. At least the base and condiment leaf sounds well-considered and not quite so confectionary as many aromatics. If I want a sweet dessert, I'll take the actual dessert. Said the old codger.

Reactions: Parsimonious Piper
Status
Not open for further replies.