Sutliff/CORPS Pipe Smokers Gathering at Sutliff Tobacco in Richmond, Virginia!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
The world is kinda crazy so I understand things could be 'up in the air', however, I just realized I am less than five hours from this event and have never been to a pipe show.

If you had to pick one day to attend, which would it be? ...for someone who has never gone to a pipe event.

Reactions: lightxmyfire

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds like a great time if it's safe. As an old guy with a wife with a number of health issues, I'd rather be safe, even silly, than sorry. Damn bug doesn't care what people think, or what my mood or restlessness might be.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
Sounds like a great time if it's safe. As an old guy with a wife with a number of health issues, I'd rather be safe, even silly, than sorry. Damn bug doesn't care what people think, or what my mood or restlessness might be.

Absolutely. It might be generously hopeful optimism to think such events may be a reasonable consideration by Fall.

Reactions: lightxmyfire

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
The world is kinda crazy so I understand things could be 'up in the air', however, I just realized I am less than five hours from this event and have never been to a pipe show.

If you had to pick one day to attend, which would it be? ...for someone who has never gone to a pipe event.

I went last year with a close friend of mine, and it was both of ours first ever pipe show.

Last year was great and it was only one day, so the best thing I can say is aim to do both, I’m sure there will be interesting and fun things on both days. That’s what my buddy and I are planning on.

That is of course if it’s safe to gather by the time it rolls around. Im hopeful but given the current trend of increasing cases and lack of protective gear being worn en mass, I will be erring on the side of caution for sure.

Reactions: kg.legat0 and BROBS

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013

Saturday

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I heard that the infection rate climbed after the restrictions eased several months ago. While I appreciate the enthusiasm of the planners, common sense says that the event would be a no go. And the WA bungler offers no hope.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
Well according to an article today in the NY Times, the tests are greatly overstating things. The "calibration" is reporting as positives very minor levels of infection- levels that aren't contagious, do not require isolation, etc.
Virologists seem dismayed that the test was so constructed.

Last edited:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the scheduling of events on Friday and the sales tables on Saturday, to give everyone time to participate in both if possible.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Well according to an article today in the NY Times, the tests are greatly overstating things. The "calibration" is reporting as positives very minor levels of infection- levels that aren't contagious, do not require isolation, etc.
Virologists seem dismayed that the test was so constructed.
yeah they are saying the tests are too slow.. not that they don't work or are reporting falsely high numbers.
Read it again with your thinking cap in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.