PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SSGT.

Lurker
Jul 7, 2024
Sealy Texas
For the last couple of weeks I've been dumping the left overs from filling my pipe out of my tray I use so I don't get any tobacco on my wife's clean floor into a zip lock. the result is a mixture of everything I've been smoking for the last two weeks. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it is. I just wish I could mix more of it but don't know for sure how much of what is in it.

Reactions: Scottmi
Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
When I started smoking pipe a few years ago, I was all aromatics all the time. If I got to the bottom of the tin and there wasn’t enough for a full bowl, I’d dump it in my “parfait” jar. Every so often, I’d shake it up and have a bowl. It made for some nice smokes for sure!
I’ve drifted away from aros a bit. I don’t have a parfait jar anymore. Now I just fill what I can from the empty tin, then top it off with whatever new tin of the same genre is next.

khiddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Pipesandcigars sells a 16-oz bagged version of this, “Best of the Rest”. They have an aro version and an English version, and it’s cheap as chips - like $14.99 currently. My plan is to get four pounds of the English, blend it all together for consistency, and then use that as the base for some tweaking of a home blend with the addition of Latakia, Turkish, and perique to taste.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
At first I thought you were saying that you kept the dottle and smoked that... But yeah a scraps blend is a fun crapshoot.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Id trust the English version...that is a pretty constrained set of tobaccos. The Aro version? Now that stands a high chance of being weird.
I tried the "Best of the Rest" (English) and it was pretty good; so I ordered a pound and jarred it up a couple years ago. It will be pleasant when I wish to dig into it.

Reactions: khiddy

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Any processing/jar/tin leftovers of most everything I smoke (non-lat, non-aro) goes in a jar.
When you see me post “Odds and Ends” in WAYS threads, that’s what I’m talking about.IMG_1692.jpeg

Reactions: khiddy