PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HeavyLeadBelly

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Y’all ready for the fooseball game tomorrow? I’m personally tired of the pomp and circumstance surrounding the game but I’ll be watching just because as ridiculous the NFL has become over the years I still love watching football. Though the older I get I tend to enjoy college football more.

And one day I’ll sit down and finally get into futball aka Premier League. Thanks Ted Lasso. 1707579588602.gif

HeavyLeadBelly

Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Though I did track, soccer, and basketball in high school to round out my portfolio for college I've never been a fan of sports.

Superior Owl
View attachment 287279
I played baseball and softball and love playing that sport. Watching it not so much though I’ll go to a Brewers game every opportunity I get with friends. The other sports…I don’t understand people who find pleasure in watching golf. I’m currently repainting the interior of my house and I think I find more enjoyment watching paint dry.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I played baseball and softball and love playing that sport. Watching it not so much though I’ll go to a Brewers game every opportunity I get with friends. The other sports…I don’t understand people who find pleasure in watching golf. I’m currently repainting the interior of my house and I think I find more enjoyment watching paint dry.
My kids spend time watching videos of others playing video games. Makes no sense to me at all.

HeavyLeadBelly

Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
My kids spend time watching videos of others playing video games. Makes no sense to me at all.
I do that sometimes as well lol. I still play video games but there are a lot out there that are interesting but I know I’ll never play. So once in a while I’ll watch something on YouTube (I tried Twitch a long time ago and didn’t care for it) but I don’t get really into it like a lot of younger people are these days.

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
Y’all ready for the fooseball game tomorrow? I’m personally tired of the pomp and circumstance surrounding the game but I’ll be watching just because as ridiculous the NFL has become over the years I still love watching football. Though the older I get I tend to enjoy college football more.

And one day I’ll sit down and finally get into futball aka Premier League. Thanks Ted Lasso. View attachment 287255
I'm with you on college football. But with NIL contracts, transfer portals, conference realignment, etc. the game has changed to a more greed and profiteering venture in recent years. So my interest has waned somewhat.

Plus, my alma matter (Florida Gators) hasn't been in the discussion for nearly a decade (since the Tebow years). So that might have something to do with it as well.

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
Despite a fairly tenuous connection to the college, I've been a Michigan Wolverines fan for the past few years. This years's national championship playoffs were pretty exciting but I think it will be hard for Michigan to repeat.

I watch the Super Bowl every year but this year my wife is looking forward to it as well—and not only because of Taylor Swift. We watched the documentary on the Kelce brothers, so now she's a Travis Kelce fan. The crop of new young coaches and, especially, quarterbacks has made the games more fun to watch. This ought to be a great game but there have been quite a few one-sided blowouts in past contests that were highly touted.

I'm also looking forward to the 2026 World Cup to be held in North America.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Don’t know zip about American football except that the players are likely to die of heat stroke because of the layers of protective gear they are obliged to wear.
And that is just from stepping out of the change room. 😁
All jokes aside, the Australian rugby administrators are currently looking (belatedly) at ways&means to avoid head trauma and brain injury in players.

Re: Owls
We have flying foxes in plague proportions in Sydney because of their status as a protected native species.
The eastern Australian powerful owl is one of their few predators. They are known to behead their prey with their powerful beaks (from evidence left behind)

lithicus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2023
Pennsylvania
I grew up in a college football town. So, it was, always has been, and always will be a huge part of my life. I was also blessed living near a good NFL team growing up.

As I get older, I do tend to prefer watching college ball. But, things are changing and not necessarily for the better. As for the NFL, I play fantasy football. And, while that season is over, I will 100% be watching the super bowl.

I've seen enough of the Chiefs winning lately. Rarely root for a dynasty. Go Niners!

Reactions: HeavyLeadBelly