PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

1daniel

Lurker
Nov 30, 2011
Witch of the super value tobacco have a good taste???

my sense of smell is all most gone.

so I looking for the taste .

smoked FireSide long ago it had a good taste.

don't know witch one to try.

Thank u all for your help and knowledge.
1daniel

Jul 12, 2011
I hear very good things about C&D Bulk-NightTrain from pipesandcigars.com

and a pound goes for like $29. I really need to get me some of this: others have you

smoked this yet? What say you?

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
I haven't tried the supervalu stuff but I would recommend any of the MacB seven seas from smokingpipes.com. You can get a pound of those for 22.69 last I checked

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The last time I tried Super Value I ended up boiling it to make an insect repellant ! It was literally soaked with PG. Left it out for a week and it was still a wet sticky mess. The only thing I've found to be worse is Mixture 79.

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
*slaps forehead" $29 a pound?? So that is £18.50 for just over 450 grams. The cheapest pipe tobacco I have found online works out at $127 a pound! So that extra $100 all goes to the UK government!! I know I tend to go on about this but can you blame me when there is SO much difference in price between our two countries??

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Sorry - welcome to the forum too! I was so shocked at those figures I forgot to say "Hi". Hope you enjoy reading through all the posts you'll find on here. There are lot's of great folk who can advise on anything to do with pipes and a whole lot more besides. I know I have learnt a fair few things since joining!

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
withnail i'm sure it balances out somehow. in our screwed up economy at the grocery store you spend as much on a pound of red bell peppers as you do a pound of ground beef, and almost as much for a pound of tomatoes or a loaf of bread.

johnnyrebel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2010
Welcome to the forum Daniel, any questions you may have you'll definately be able to find the answer to here. Great bunch of members here. To stay on the SuperValue topic, if youre attracted to the price of the SuperValue, maybe you should consider a pound of the sterling bargain blend. Usually a bit aromatic and made with quality leaf. Same price, better tobacco.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Hey Daniel, I saw in your other post that you said your sense of smell is about gone, so you have to rely on taste. Do you have some sinus issues, and have you checked with a doctor about what might be causing this? The reason I ask is the senses of taste and smell are closely linked, and if you can't smell much of anything, it's going to be hard to really taste anything but the strongest tobacco's, at least to be able to appreciate the nuances of most blends.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
Super Value to me is not worth the money I would get 1Q or RLP6 or something along those lines

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
Welcome to the forums. I tried Supervalue when i first started and everything i tried bit my tongue. Now i was new so it may be i was puffing to hard.

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
I has tounge bite also, tried some brands the folks here suggested, big improvement BIG BIG.

lyst36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2011
I've tried the Super Value Chocolate. The taste isn't bad but it kills my tongue. I don't know why but it does. Autumn Evening does, too, and it makes me sad. I'd recommend a Captain Black in bulk or any of the earlier mentioned ones. I've also tried Admiral's Choice Vanilla. It isn't bad at all. Welcome!

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I'd also recommend 1Q if you are looking for an economical aromatic blend. I've smoked some of the Super Value blends and didn't care for them at all, they burned hot and didn't have much flavor. It's been quite a while since I bought a pound of 1Q but I do remember it cost less than $20.
Another good place for economical aromatics is Just For Him (justforhim.com). They have quite a selection. Their store is located in Springfield, MO.
Smokey

Status
Not open for further replies.