PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I guess I haven't spent enough time at SP lately. I have always noticed that when I buy a pipe, it almost immediately disappears from the site, which is my reassurance that they got my order. I have seen the sites where they picture all the sold pipes in a sort of paled-out photo, but that's not SP, I don't think. Next time I'm at SP, I'll try to see this.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
It's a gripe of mine too, alright. But if you scroll down you'll find the pipes that were featured and have since sold... and therein lies a greater, much, much more greater gripe: they SHOULD TELL us the price at which it was sold!! Instead of just 'sold'. Yeah, so you sold it, but it'd be great to know for how much so as to have a reference.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
While we're at it Id like to gripe about them changing the 100 best selling tins to now only the top 25, half of which is out of stock.
This is incredibly annoying. Who possibly thinks the new arrangement is better than the old?
People actually care about what their best sellers are? cray

Not really a gripe. But I sorta find it annoying how in the smoking pipes update they show pipes that have probably already sold. Not really an issue. But everytime I see one I like it's already sold. More of a back handed compliment really.
Check their inventory when it updates on Mondays and Thursdays at 3:30pm EST.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
People actually care about what their best sellers are? cray

Check their inventory when it updates on Mondays and Thursdays at 3:30pm EST.
Of course people care about their best sellers. For one it's kind of interesting. Especially seeing what changes happen to it. Also I think for some people it can help them decide the next try.
So of course they update pretty much right after I leave for work.

Reactions: BROBS

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Of course people care about their best sellers. For one it's kind of interesting. Especially seeing what changes happen to it. Also I think for some people it can help them decide the next try.
Trends never affect my shopping decisions. I've done business with SPC for a long time and didn't even know that page existed until this thread.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Trends never affect my shopping decisions. I've done business with SPC for a long time and didn't even know that page existed until this thread.
I was thinking for those times where someone is thinking what new thing should I try and they feel like going out on a limb. Why not try the most popular blend or least popular? I just had an idea for them. Random button on both pipes and tobaccos (probably work with cigars too, but why would you buy those when you have a pipe?).

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I was thinking for those times where someone is thinking what new thing should I try and they feel like going out on a limb. Why not try the most popular blend or least popular? I just had an idea for them. Random button on both pipes and tobaccos (probably work with cigars too, but why would you buy those when you have a pipe?).
Just looked at that list. Nothing there that would fall into my top ten. When still regularly buying, I would just buy new from favored companies or blends with components that I liked.

Reactions: anotherbob

SoddenJack

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2020
West Texas
If they’re going to include the sold pipes, they should at least show what it sold for. I’d like to know, it’s good reference point for research (especially estates).

Its a pet peeve of mine when they feature a brand new beauty on the home page, than you click on it...SOLD. Probably couldn’t afford it anyway. I swear it’s sold before it gets listed.

Reactions: OzPiper

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Just looked at that list. Nothing there that would fall into my top ten. When still regularly buying, I would just buy new from favored companies or blends with components that I liked.
I just go by gut sometimes not even reading what it's made from. Then again most of what I've smoked I have enjoyed not always enough to want another tin but... I really am not that picky.