New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sep 20, 2022
Your admin sucks balls
What's the big deal buying 2 oz tins? Pipe tobacco is so cheap, the difference is mostly irrelevant.
2 oz tin $11. 1 pound bulk $30 or so. I am willing to try anything that looks good in tins and get a few but would like bulk or large tins for purchase I'm a prepper you never know when taxes will shoot so high you cant afford tobacco anymore gov't bastards need to leave us be.

Sep 20, 2022
Your admin sucks balls
It is a pretty solid savings though on the C&D stuff. It's about 25% difference 2oz vs. 8oz and like 38% 2oz vs. 16oz.

It's a $100 difference buying 5 pounds in 2oz tins vs. 8oz tins.
Exactly and these 300 plus % taxes they keep trying to add spooks me a little better stocked cellar than lacking when that happens I go for saving a buck when I can.

Sep 20, 2022
Your admin sucks balls
Yeah, that's $20 per pound. At just 10 bowls per ounce, that 160 bowls per pound. Which equates to approximately 13 cents per bowl. I wouldn't think twice about paying an additional 13 cents per bowl for something I really liked. Even if one smoked 6 bowls per day, that's less than a dollar per day.
True but wouldnt you rather save a buck if you can. $30 is $30. Thats a night out to dinner with the wife I could save not a big deal but a penny saved is a penny earned.

Reactions: KruegerFlap

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
I'm cheap and I don't have a lot of money for tobacco, that's why I buy bulk. C&D John Marr, for example, 1lb bulk is $39.39. Two 8 oz cans @ $34 each = $64. That's a savings of $24.61, which is almost enough for a lb of some Sutliff or Peter Stokkebye blend. My palette isn't refined enough to distinguish any differences between bulk and tinned tobacco.