PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Snook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2019
Idaho
Had a great smoke out in the Owyhees this past Sunday, at a spot called Jump Creek. It started snowing a little bit just as I pulled up around 8 in the morning. There were a couple of cars parked, but the folks who were hiking came back and left shortly after I arrived, so I had the entire area to myself. I found a good spot up on a rock overlooking the falls and enjoyed some Kingsfoil from the Country Squire in my Brebbia 1001. Everything was quiet with gentle snow falling all around. It was one of the most peaceful and enjoyable smokes I've ever had.

When the pipe was done, I drove over to a different lookout and stood there for a while. Yelled into the canyon to hear my echo a few times, and even had a couple of curious ravens following me from one spot to the next. I wish I could have stayed longer, but it got too cold!

If anyone comes through Idaho, I'd definitely recommend checking out Jump Creek. It's only about 30 minutes from the city and is truly an incredible place. I'm amazed it isn't a state park.

IMG_5287.jpegIMG_5289.jpegIMG_5298.jpegIMG_5299.jpeg

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Thanks for this, I'm way up north in Moscow. But the next time I'm on my way down I'll check this out ,looks amazing.

Reactions: Snook

Snook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2019
Idaho
I've spent a total of one day/night in Idaho, on a road trip returning from Montana to California. I saw just enough to know I wanted to go back and see more.
Great share, friend! Thank you!
I bet you drove right by the turnoff for this, then (if you went through Winnemucca). For sure worth making another trip up here!
Wow, is that a fault line I am looking at??
I couldn't tell you... but it sure looks like one. Lot's of canyons similar to this in the area.
Thanks for this, I'm way up north in Moscow. But the next time I'm on my way down I'll check this out ,looks amazing.
Ah, I'm jealous! I love it up there around Moscow. The Palouse is my wife and I's favorite place to visit when we go north for camping.

Reactions: kcghost and yanoJL

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Ah, I'm jealous! I love it up there around Moscow. The Palouse is my wife and I's favorite place to visit when we go north for camping.
I like it here but it gets even better (fewer people lol) further north in Bonners Ferry country.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Nice!
The Owyhee River is on my bucket list of river raft trips. Your post helps with inspiration.