PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I love fall. Love the leaves, love the pumpkins, love the slightly cooler weather, and love no longer needing to mow the lawn.

Really, I just like all the seasons and the changes between them. IMO those of us who live in climates with four well-demarcated seasons have the best of all worlds, and a little bit of everything.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yup, it's when we enjoy a few days of cooler weather and then begin longing for summer again. The human condition.

I grew up in the Chicago area with four strongly different seasons, all involving some drama from deep blizzards to theatrical summer thunder storms. North Carolina is not like that, but it does have four defined seasons, and usually beautiful autumns and springs.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Fall is my favorite season, I love the way the sun shines in October/November. Winter is my next favorite. I dislike Spring, only because here in Texas, it means summer is basically a day away. Pipe smoking is much more enjoyable in the Fall and winter in my opinion, though probably not so much for those of you who live up north where it regularly freezes. Here in Texas, winter is still shorts and t-shirt weather most of the time, I rarely have to wear a jacket, a light coat or a hoodie does the trick (this past winter being the exception, of course, that shit was brutal!)
same in PA. We have five seasons. Fall, winter, early spring, a week of spring, and oh god I hate life with this heat and humidity in this nightmare called summer.
My favorites are Fall, early spring, that week of spring (which would rank higher if it didn't mean summer is close by), Winter, and then hellscape season is also fine.
Early spring is nice you still need a hoody or light coat. The snow isn't completely melted and there is a palpable liminality that I just love. Everything is damp but not in a bad way. It's not hot it's not cold it's just fine. Like if you don't wear the right clothes you'll still be fine just slightly uncomfortable.

Jan 27, 2020
Some people believe that Autumn begins when pumpkin spiced lattes become available but if that were true our distant ancestors wouldn't of know when Winter was on its way.

• Haha
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
I really like summer, a nice got sweaty summer by the pool with cigars.
But, winter is nice too. It's the only time of the year when we Southerners all close down all of the businesses for a small flurry, keep the cars off the road and have a huge party. Northerners can laugh all they want, but if more than a dozen snowflakes falls, it's party time!! Milk and bread cocktails all around!!!

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
I really like summer, a nice got sweaty summer by the pool with cigars.
But, winter is nice too. It's the only time of the year when we Southerners all close down all of the businesses for a small flurry, keep the cars off the road and have a huge party. Northerners can laugh all they want, but if more than a dozen snowflakes falls, it's party time!! Milk and bread cocktails all around!!!
Ain't that the truth!