PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for something that is easy to smoke, med-full body and flavor.

When I have a chance to smoke at work I need something that burns easy without having to pay a lot of attention to it, burlys are okay C&D Burly flake #1 is okay although it taste kinda ashy when it's over smoked. ODF is good just kinda pricey for an all day smoke, lat's, perique and orientials tend to get bitey after about 2-3 bowls.

Any suggestions?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Burley #1 is full-strength. If that's what you like, you might also like Old Joe Krantz, Billy Budd, Dark Burley or Big 'n Burley, for starters. You might like something milder like PC Log Cabin, or a tobacco forward aro like Iwan Ries Three Star Blue or Edward G. Robinson. I suspect changing styles in a good rotation would be most satisfying.

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
I really enjoyed Lunchtime Blues as a work smoke... until I finished the tin. Now my work smoke is Epiphany, but that has Latakias and Perique so it probably won't work for you(or with you).

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
This one (if you can find it)
RdcYtvB.png

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Daughters and Ryan Two Timer or straight Izmir Turkish from C&D. Those are two of my favorire "work" tobaccos!

Sep 18, 2015
The Log Cabin sounds good if they ever make some more, the Dunhill MM 965 and Nightcap are part of my 'morning drive' rotation. I create a lot of sawdust at work and depending on what type of dust it is sometimes it has a negative effect with Lat blends. I'm very physical and active at work so it's hard to concentrate and maintain a proper cadence which is where the bite comes from.

I added some of the Two Timer to my cart, still on the fence about CH. I like OJK and Big & Burly, I will try the Billy Bud and Dark Burly.

Dunhill Flake is part of the 'evening drive'

Today's choice is Solani 660

Thanks for the suggestions so far and keep em coming I probably won't place the order until this weekend.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
For easy preparation, taste and nicotine, Sir Walter Raleigh's cube cut can be scooped to load, or not.

I think any of the bulk D&R blends would work except maybe Picayune, which can be a nicotine bomb.

These don't load like cube cut, but they're great quality tobacco and each has its own flavor profile.

I've tried Athey, PenHooker, Rimboche S.J., Riboche A.P., Picayune, TwoTimer, and Ryback Gold.

The first two are VA's and you can blend TwoTimer into those or not...TwoTimer being a straight toasted burley.

The 2 Rimboches i listed are both excellent blends. They're all good.

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
For me, all day smokes need to be biteless, cheap, and not overpowering.

My choices are:
McClelland 5110 for an easy English.

Sutliff Match Dunhill Elizabethan for a Vaper.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
captain black with a strong coffee in the morning or a stout beer in the evening!!

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
I would recommend Latakia heavy blends (out of my experience they don't really bit me) and you can taste it while working.

I would also recommend MB Navy Flake, C&D Old Joe Kranz.

Status
Not open for further replies.