PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PiperAlbert

Lurker
Nov 13, 2020
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

My husband mentioned he'd like a cooling pipe to add to his other pipe collection. Any suggestions on a good pipe that's solidly made, all real wood? He like the cooling pipes and a long stem... Any suggestions would be great. This search has been overwhelming! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jpmcwjr

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think what you mean is what is called a churchwarden, a long-stemmed pipe. These are common in many different brands. I'm not sure where you are located, but you could start shopping by scrolling down to the site sponsors on the left of Forums. Smokingpipes.com for example has pipes of many brands and at many prices. I think you could find what you are looking for from under 60 USD on up. If you are not in the U.S., there may be better sources for other places. I have a Savinelli churchwarden, a 601, that is a fine pipe, and it wasn't too expensive.

PiperAlbert

Lurker
Nov 13, 2020
I think what you mean is what is called a churchwarden, a long-stemmed pipe. These are common in many different brands. I'm not sure where you are located, but you could start shopping by scrolling down to the site sponsors on the left of Forums. Smokingpipes.com for example has pipes of many brands and at many prices. I think you could find what you are looking for from under 60 USD on up. If you are not in the U.S., there may be better sources for other places. I have a Savinelli churchwarden, a 601, that is a fine pipe, and it wasn't too expensive.
Is your a cooling pipe?

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Yes I’m intrigued by the term “cooling pipe”. It could be a few things, as mso pointed out a churchwarden, or a calabash (even reverse), or potentially a system pipe of some sort.

Has your husband shown you a picture of what he liked the look/style of? We could make recommendations from there maybe

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Cooling pipe is not a term used by English speaking tobacco pipe smokers, so we are having to guess what that means. Some feel that the long stem on churchwarden pipes, so-called, cools the smoke. There's a language barrier here, but we'll help if we can.

Reactions: Ahi Ka