PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
It works with Cigars because they’re are all closely related. Too much variety with Pipe Tobacco. It’s also a much smaller fraternity of pipers vs cigars. I believe; last I saw, somewhere around 18% of all smokers were cigar smokers, less than 2% were pipers. (In raw numbers, you’re talking 7.2 million cigar smokers vs 800,000 pipe smokers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I enjoy window-shopping my way through online tobacco pages and paper catalogs of tobacco. I find that I have no interest in more than half the blends. I'd enjoy smoking them as a sample, but not a whole pouch, tin, or baggie of them. I think with a subscription, I'd truly enjoy about a third of what I got. I can somewhat know what I'd like by referring to the constituent tobaccos, and the percentages if given or hinted at, and also by the brand. Even with a stash that I mostly enjoy, even when it takes me years to open some tins, I takes time. I'd hate to be hoarding a bunch of tins I had good reason to believe I wouldn't like. Wow, 1.8 million pipe smokers in the world. That's like the population of one mid-size U.S. city.

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
I enjoy window-shopping my way through online tobacco pages and paper catalogs of tobacco. I find that I have no interest in more than half the blends. I'd enjoy smoking them as a sample, but not a whole pouch, tin, or baggie of them. I think with a subscription, I'd truly enjoy about a third of what I got. I can somewhat know what I'd like by referring to the constituent tobaccos, and the percentages if given or hinted at, and also by the brand. Even with a stash that I mostly enjoy, even when it takes me years to open some tins, I takes time. I'd hate to be hoarding a bunch of tins I had good reason to believe I wouldn't like. Wow, 1.8 million pipe smokers in the world. That's like the population of one mid-size U.S. city.
No; those numbers would be US specific? I know Piping is much more prevalent in the Scandinavian countries as a percentage of population. (I’ve read estimates of anywhere between 25-35%; never seen raw numbers though)

HopHand

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2021
Montrose Colorado
Muttonchop Piper had his blend club a time ago. You had to buy the tobacco yourself, but he would review one each month. I thought it was a great concept.
I haven't watched one of his videos in a long time. Loading up a pipe and heading over to YouTube sounds like a perfect suggestion for this rainy day. Ty.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Muttonchop Piper had his blend club a time ago. You had to buy the tobacco yourself, but he would review one each month. I thought it was a great concept.
Muttonchop Piper teamed up with Boswell Pipes for Blend Club 2022.

A predetermined tobacco available at boswellpipes.com will be reviewed by Muttonchop each month and you are invited to purchase and review the same.

In 2019, he teamed with TP, who sold 1/4 ounce samples to encourage participation.

It sounds fun. Did anyone participate previously? I'm curious if it was worth the time.

originalnutcracker

Can't Leave
Feb 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

A predetermined tobacco available at boswellpipes.com will be reviewed by Muttonchop each month and you are invited to purchase and review the same.

In 2019, he teamed with TP, who sold 1/4 ounce samples to encourage participation.

It sounds fun. Did anyone participate previously? I'm curious if it was worth the time.
I did some years ago - I tried a few blends I wouldn’t have otherwise - it was fun.

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area

I don’t see anything on Boswell’s site about offering a Muttonchop sampler.
When TP did it, they didn’t package them together; but did offer the 1/4 oz samples, you had to go to the specific blends though.
I don’t see any option on Boswell’s