PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Forum member Jon Guss recently sent me a small group of pipes for restoration. First up in that lot is this tidy little Surbrug's Special Author. Jon found this pipe in a bin at the recent NYC Pipe Show. "Subrug's" was a NYC tobacco shop. The full write up and some history on the shop is at this Reborn Pipes link:
https://rebornpipes.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=26648&action=edit&message=6&postpost=v2
Before
surbrug_special_before.jpg

surbrug_special_before-1.jpg

Finished
surbrug_special_finished.jpg

surbrug_special_finished-3.jpg

surbrug_special_finished-2.jpg

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Great work as usual Al. Looks like something you'd add to your collection. :lol:

I've never heard of Subrug's either, but the link made for interesting reading. I go to reborn pipes often as I've learned a great deal there. Thanks for the post!

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I agree, the site has much great information. I love all the before and afters, and this is another excellent restoration.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Thanks guys. I had never heard of this shop until John showed me this pipe. Im trying to find out when the shop closed. I did discover they had done very early sports cards (boxing & baseball) that are very collectible. There is probably no d definitive way to date the pipe.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
Great work! Love that shape, looks like another amazing restore, can't wait to see the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.