PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SmokingInTheWind

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2024
New Mexico
I’ve been playing around with D&R Three Sails. Being a shag Virginia with moderate nic strength, I was hoping it would scratch the same itch the OP seems to be looking to address. Fresh, it’s very dry and can be pretty “zingy” on its own, but I’m having success blending with it and I hear age does it good.
I agree on Three Sails. recently bought a couple ounces. I like it straight or with 25% Five Brothers mixed in for extra body and nic hit. My next TAD order will include a pound or two of Three Sails. I also plan on ordering a pound of D&R Ryback to tryout. It is a shag cut, burley, DFK, Virginia blend with a medium nic strength. The shag cuts are so easy to smoke. Not much thought or planning required. Straight from the jar into any pipe and go.
Better hurry, I've seen some bad signs about the supply of the remaining D&R bags.
Thanks for the heads up. I may forego the pipe I was eyeing and buy more Three Sails. Is D&R going out of business?

Dec 6, 2019
Dixieland
I agree on Three Sails. recently bought a couple ounces. I like it straight or with 25% Five Brothers mixed in for extra body and nic hit. My next TAD order will include a pound or two of Three Sails. I also plan on ordering a pound of D&R Ryback to tryout. It is a shag cut, burley, DFK, Virginia blend with a medium nic strength. The shag cuts are so easy to smoke. Not much thought or planning required. Straight from the jar into any pipe and go.

Thanks for the heads up. I may forego the pipe I was eyeing and buy more Three Sails. Is D&R going out of business?

They were sold and we lost many good blends. A bigger, or at least different ryo company owns them now.

All I'm saying is get 'em while they're there because they won't always be there.

Reactions: SmokingInTheWind