PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
Do any of you get a strange taste after smoking a Lat blend then a burley or virginia blend? I've noticed this on a few occasions. First time was after having some SPC Mississippi River then Some E. Hoffman Distinguished Gentleman. The taste is hard to describe and, to me, not very pleasant. The taste also seems to happen with cigarettes.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
Could be some flavor of the Lat you had in it mixing with the new baccy. How long between the 2 bowls. I can see cigarettes messing with the flavor. That's a flavor that lingers and can affect how anything tastes afterwards.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
Second bowl is usually from a different pipe so it isnt any kind of ghosting. The strange taste happens with cigarettes after smoking a lat blend.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Latakia will stay with you a long time after smoking it. I would drink sweet tea while smoking to keep your palate fresh and drink a bunch before smoking your next bowl. There is something about tea and pipes that just goes great. I think it may be the anti oxidants working to keep your taste buds from getting burned out. I have absolutely no scientific proof to this theory, just a guess is all and years of drinking tea while smoking.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
That's the Latakia goddess punishing you for heresy! :rofl:
Like the other guys said. Just lingering flavor. +1 on the tea. A nice Pils beer works, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.