PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
If I use googlechrome as the browser, in order to access the forum, and homepage information I must scroll down below all the information on the left column, site sponsors etc. If I use explorer everything is in the correct location. I know the simple solution is to use explorer for my browser, but I prefer googlechrome. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
This isn't an issue with Chrome, since it's my go-to browser for everything, and everything here looks fine -- and always has.
What device are you using? What OS? What version of Chrome?
Bob

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I think it is a zoom issue or a cookie issue. I use chrome and if I zoom in trying to look at something up close on another website and them come to this site everything is out of proportion and I have to reset my zoom. Also, I have had issues with the cookies in the past and just had to clear everything out and it was fine.
My last suggestion may be it may be your flash. Sometimes when I am on my android tablet, the flash ads mess with the proportion of the page and I have to scroll down past everything.

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
I'm using window 7 for an OS, and the googlechrome was just added so it should be the latest version. I'll check the zoom and cookies when I figure out how to access those areas. Thanks for the advice.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I had issues with Firefox but I switched the Zoom (under View) to "Zoom Text Only" and that cleared things up. I'm not sure if that applies here.

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
Well zoom is at 100%, I cleared cookies, and refreshed, but the problem still exists. Also the forum etc. appear at the far left of the page under the site sponsers etc. This may be the problem, but I don't know how to correct this issuel.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
trail, hold your control button on your keyboard and scroll you mouse scroll up and down see if you get to a place that makes it better.

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
trail, hold your control button on your keyboard and scroll you mouse scroll up and down see if you get to a place that makes it better.
This changes the zoom level, but doesn't change the way the page loads for me. I sent a report to googlechrome, but the report page says they do not contact back concerning the problem. I'll try uninstalling googlechrome and then reinstall, I don't seem to be able to correct it otherwise. I did try rebooting but no success from that either.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
trailspike - I have the exact same problem. Tried deleting all browser info, etc. to no avail. I've learned to scroll down, but it's a pain I have to admit.
Hope you'll let me know how your uninstall goes, good luck.

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
Problem is solved. Uninstalling and reinstalling did it for me. I'll forward this to numbersix.

grillsargeant

Lurker
May 6, 2013
The only issue I have with this website is that it is slow. It takes a long time to load up and navigate. It's not much fun if you want to browse!
I use WIN XP Pro. All browsers respond the same. I have a 10Mb download speed with under 100ms ping so that's not an issue. Maybe all the analytics/scripts running?
Just wish it was faster!

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
This week, I've noticed the site slowing down to the point where it's virtually unusable. Wednesday was absolutely awful, taking literally minutes to load a page, minutes to post a new message, even hitting the Back button took minutes to complete. I mean, this was the to the point where I left the computer, went downstairs and poured a cup of coffee, came back to the desk and saw that the page was still not loaded!
I chalked it up to some possible maintenance that was happening behind the scenes. But it was incredibly frustrating at the time. (Much faster today, though.)
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.