PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
I'd get a Boveda pack at your optimal humidity and then seal that in a ziplock. Or a cigar carrying case if you want to spend a little extra.

When I got back to my house after 6 or so months away, I found an Xikar travel cigar carrier I have (10 cigar case) and opened it up.

Inside was a Boveda pack and a few perfectly humidified cigars I had forgotten all about. The pack was still liquid squishy, so obviously, those things can last a long time in ideal conditions.

I think they might also make 5 cigar cases, which might be more sized to your need. Either will do the job.

Reactions: eggrollpiper

wordheavy

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2019
Southern California
kcghost, I agree. A cigar is more portable. You don't have to tamp it. The only drawback is that some recent cars don't have ashtrays, so a tall empty can might be installed in a cup holder. On a long trip, a cigar can help perk you up after a lunch, so you don't get sleepy. The Car Guy brothers used to joke about dropping a cigar in their lap while driving; so safety first.
These work well for cigars while driving, and close tightly when done. 8785

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
This question poses a George Carlin sized dilemma. Most people store tobacco in glass jars or even vacuum sealed bags which they put in cupboards or on shelves with their other 'stuff' so that they can look at it, smoke it or in the case of one individual, corner the world supply in the event of a serious break down on the P&C website. However we digress. The average family car for those who do not blast around the roads in a Ford F1500 would be represented by a Honda CRV in terms of size. I calculate you could easily fit 12,000 tins of tobacco into the car without impeding the ability to drive the thing. Add the trunk space for loose jars and pouches as well as pipe cleaners and you got everything pretty well covered. Under recognized advantages are the humidity control factor (i.e) you can wind the windows down and or use the air conditioning to keep you stash in optimal condition. The car/tobacco storage platform can also double as a man cave so no bleating from the wife about you lighting your farts again when in reality your are enjoying a bowl of Royal Yuck. Yep on reflection storing your tobacco in your car sounds like an excellent idea!

• Haha
Reactions: cshubhra
Status
Not open for further replies.