PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2020
Lake Zurich, IL
First of all definitely do not use cigar humidor, not only of the mixing flavour but because it is not airtight and it is not good for the aging process, if you want aging.

As said above for bulk you have the choice of mason jar and mylar bags. For tin if unopened they can stay so, if opened or you jar them or if you want to keep in the tin (mainly for space and weight reduction and for organization) you can effectively reseal with tick 3M aluminum tape, I am doing so and they stay fresh for many years.
Great idea on the aluminum tape. Didn’t think of that for my tins. Thank you, sir!

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
[Great idea on the aluminum tape. Didn’t think of that for my tins. Thank you, sir! ]

Make sure to buy a tick aluminum tape like the:
"3M 3380 1" x 60yd Silver Aluminum Foil Tape, -30 to 260 Degrees F, 0.0033" Thickness" you can find on Amazon. There are cheaper thinner tapes but they have the issue they all break apart in multiple pieces when removing and it becomes a pain on the neck. A 0.0033 tape with a minimum of attention can be removed as a single piece.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.