PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Mrs. Pickles

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 8, 2022
AZ, USA
Cigar sages, do you have any suggestions on storage of the Tabac Manil Semois leaf that's been rolled into cigar or pipe bouchons? Specifically, what level of humidity should I keep these at? Thank you in advance for your advice!

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Tabac Manil Semois cigars are so dry that they break up if you so much as handle them with kids gloves 😡

I bought 2 boxes and they were in such a poor shape on arrival that I shredded a third of them to smoke as pipe tobacco.

I store the rest at 65% humidity.
I also store my few Indonesian leaf (dry) cigars at the same humidity.

Mrs. Pickles

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 8, 2022
AZ, USA
Many thanks for the help everyone. A bit confusing how to handle these since they arrive nearly crumbling and as dry as the Manil pipe tobacco, which seems to store and smoke plenty nice that way. I will shoot for 65% as suggested and keep an eye on them. Cheers.

GinaFrazier

Lurker
Apr 23, 2023
Cigar sages, do you have any suggestions on storage of the Tabac Manil Semois leaf that's been rolled into cigar or pipe bouchons? Specifically, what level of humidity should I keep these at? Thank you in advance for your advice!
Firstly, it's important to store cigars in a humidor or a similar storage device that can regulate humidity. Ideally, the humidity level should be between 65% to 70%, which is the range that most cigar aficionados recommend. However, some people prefer their cigars slightly drier or moister, so it's ultimately up to personal preference.

When it comes to Tabac Manil Semois leaf, which is a unique type of tobacco known for its dryness, you may want to keep the humidity level on the lower end of the range. This will help preserve the tobacco's unique flavor and aroma.

It's also a good idea to periodically check the humidity level and temperature inside the humidor to ensure that it remains stable. Fluctuations in temperature and humidity can have a negative impact on the quality of the cigars.

Finally, if you plan on storing your cigars for an extended period of time, you may want to consider rotating them every few months. This will help ensure that they age evenly and maintain their flavor and aroma.

Reactions: Mrs. Pickles