PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

SoddenJack

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2020
West Texas
The B&M tobacco shops in my area are great for cigars; big walk In humidors, lots of smaller boutique brands, and prices competitive with online. As far as pipes go..small selection of pipes, even smaller selection of tins, and Lane bulk tobacco that they renamed “smokers choice” or something generic like that.

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
I love in Orlando and all my B&M shops suck. Spent the past two days driving around to smoke shops and tobacco shops and none of them had anything more than a few kinds of cigars or some captain black pipe tobacco. Few stores had briar pipes but selections were only a handful. I did buy a Missouri Morgan corn cob for $14. Hoping I’ll eventually find one that sells several different tins of tobacco in different brands...

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I had to visit one of my restaurants in Winchester VA, conveniently also the location of JB Hayes, one of the best East Coast shops. It was business as usual there, with three guests enjoying cigars. I always enjoy chatting with Matthew Hayes (his bad, John B, was in the basement working on his boat oars (thought they either worked, or didn't....). They had a full stock, including Esoterica items, but no Penzance.

I picked up my usual MM965 and tried a tin of Ye Olde Signe

No masks needed in VA (which seemed odd, as in Maryland, guests and associates are required to wear them)

95978531_3662612360421399_8658827542465085440_o.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Have to drive an hour to find a few pipe shops in the Sacramento ca. Area, But at least for now they have real pipes and tins and pretty good house blends. Plus a smoking lounge so I shouldn't complain.
Briar Patch? Was my favorite when I lived in Winters.

Where abouts are you?
You can put your location in your Profile, which will save questions in the future as to where you live should you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos of surroundings, and so forth. Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details, which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
Briar Patch? Was my favorite when I lived in Winters.

Where abouts are you?
You can put your location in your Profile, which will save questions in the future as to where you live should you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos of surroundings, and so forth. Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details, which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.
yes thats the shop, the guys name if I remember right was Z

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
My local B&M is closed I think. So no reviews, bad or otherwise.

OTOH, I just came back from a local shop where none of the BS was present—no plexi barriers, no masks, and no herding customers like cattle along aisles with arrows. It was soooo refreshing and pleasant to be there.

No, I'm not gonna say what shop.

Reactions: BROBS and radrick96