PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
They’re definitely safe from me as well. My rule of thumb for constantly missing the boat on auctions for something I like boils down to this: if I’m constantly losing AND it bothers me, I’m definitely being too cheap.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
If you want find a two dollar Color Duke it's out there. But it will also look ratty as hell and have a stem that's gnawed on. All in all $36 isn't that much to pay for a 50 year old pipe that's in pretty good shape.

Reactions: BROBS

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Offering you reassurance I will not affect the supply and demand on those puppies.

safe from me as well

Thank you both for doing your part!
If you want find a two dollar Color Duke it's out there. But it will also look ratty as hell and have a stem that's gnawed on. All in all $36 isn't that much to pay for a 50 year old pipe that's in pretty good shape.

Except that a few years ago they were much cheaper IIRC. Then you are shipping, and convert to Canadian $$$, well I mighty as well buy a new pipe and paint it green.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Is the second one down a Capri Root Briar?
I should know not to mess with the master...
That it is. I have one each of the brown in the 904 and 9004, a golden 904, and a brown Capri Bruna military mount.

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Very cool I really like the rustication on these now that I have one in person. My wife even commented on how cool it is and she hates this hobby.

since you’re here - what would you recommend to clean/scrub the hunk out of the clear stem? I recall you posting in another thread that alcohol can damage acrylic

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Very cool I really like the rustication on these now that I have one in person. My wife even commented on how cool it is and she hates this hobby.

since you’re here - what would you recommend to clean/scrub the hunk out of the clear stem? I recall you posting in another thread that alcohol can damage acrylic
An overnight soak in lemon juice followed by a scrubbing with bristle pipe cleaners and a whitening toothpaste.?

• Love
Reactions: Spinkle
Status
Not open for further replies.