Stonehaven, Blackwoods, RDF, Dark Star and...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendhain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2018
I have been a smoker of heavy English blends (BS Original and 759, NightCap, MM965) and now I have made a radical shift over to what I am guessing would be described as dark stoved, Virginia (some with Burley) not heavily aromatic flakes. The 4 mentioned in the title can reasonably be grouped together in my view.

I am not really interested in debating this view of mine with people who disagree with me. On the other hand, I am interested in hearing suggestions of blends from people who undertand why I group these 4 blends together And they have other suggestions that might fit well into this group.

Generally, I would rather be moving towards 5100 than towards anything with more influence from its casing than SammieG Choc-Flake. If you understand what I mean.

Feel free to recommend European blends since I have realtively easy access to both UK and German stocks.

Thanks for your positive contributions! ;-)

Brendhain

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Sutliff Stoved Black Virginia 507-S might be of interest to you. It's sort of Dark Star-ish, (albeit without the vinegar nor the other eccentricities that Dark Star was famous for).

Status
Not open for further replies.