PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
So I love this Kaywoodie I've just purchased. And I actually don't mind the stinger so much. A bit painful to pass a cleaner but no big deal. But look at thise pics. As far as I can tell, air only passes through the hole on the side, not on the end. I dont think the hole on the end goes through actually. Tried to run a needle so pretty sure it doesn't (or please correct me) my question is, why the holes on the end? Only thing I can think of is to catch a tobacco clog maybe? Anybody know?

Attachments

• 20201225_214726.jpg
    20201225_214726.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 10
  • 20201225_214718.jpg
    20201225_214718.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20201225_214702.jpg
    20201225_214702.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 10

niblicck

Can't Leave
Oct 7, 2020
Alabama
So I love this Kaywoodie I've just purchased. And I actually don't mind the stinger so much. A bit painful to pass a cleaner but no big deal. But look at thise pics. As far as I can tell, air only passes through the hole on the side, not on the end. I dont think the hole on the end goes through actually. Tried to run a needle so pretty sure it doesn't (or please correct me) my question is, why the holes on the end? Only thing I can think of is to catch a tobacco clog maybe? Anybody know?
Let me give this a try.

The hole in the front of the ball allows smoke from the bowl to exit out the 2 holes on the side and then travels into the hole where the threads start.

The Dill's pipe cleaners are smaller in diameter than the usual pipe cleaners I use on my other pipes and pass much easier through the Kaywoodie stems. Some of my older kaywoodies are my best smokers. I hope you enjoy yours.

Last edited:

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
Let me give this a try.

The hole in the front of the ball allows smoke from the bowl to exit out the 2 holes on the side and then travels into the hole where the threads start.

The Dill's pipe cleaners are smaller in diameter than the usual pipe cleaners I use on my other pipes and pass much easier through the Kaywoodie stems. Some of my older kaywoodies are my best smokers. I hope you enjoy yours.
Ahhh, that makes total sense. Thank you. And thanks for the Dills cleaner info - super helpful!