PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
Okay, try not to generate any hate my way. I would not always post something like this but, if it helps one of you out, so much the better. I did not get a private e-mail (curious?) but, my FB feed this morning announced the limited availability of Esoterica blends at Pipes and Cigars. They are/were only available by call-in orders. I noticed that the feed was 20 hours old so, I figured they would be gone. I called, by a lark, I was surprised that, not only was there some available but, some of their ’better’ (my book) blends. You are limited to one total item (be it bag or tin). I was happy to get another bag of Brighton and added enough non-Eso blends to qualify for the free shipping. I know that, some do not like these posts but, it may help someone. I, also, realize that, there are some P&C haters but, they have always done right by me. Good luck.

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Dorchester and Tilbury still there at the moment.
Normally I would, but I’ve gotten the old “bait and switch” from P&C TWICE! First was on some Germain’s which then became another tobacco when I was about to submit my order. I emptied basket, tried adding Germain’s again, and it somehow switched to that other tobacco yet again on the order confirmation page.
Other time, I submitted my order, waited a week saw no movement from “processing your order” called, and was informed the items I ordered were out of stock, but they’d gladly substitute another tobacco (????) no thanks, I’ll just cancel my order and refund my $$$$, which they gladly took selling something they didn’t have. Took three calls to get my $$$, each time was a different “offer”, one was “hey, we’ll ship when we get it, and we’ll give you a discount coupon on next order”.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Normally I would, but I’ve gotten the old “bait and switch” from P&C TWICE! First was on some Germain’s which then became another tobacco when I was about to submit my order. I emptied basket, tried adding Germain’s again, and it somehow switched to that other tobacco yet again on the order confirmation page.
Other time, I submitted my order, waited a week saw no movement from “processing your order” called, and was informed the items I ordered were out of stock, but they’d gladly substitute another tobacco (????) no thanks, I’ll just cancel my order and refund my $$$$, which they gladly took selling something they didn’t have. Took three calls to get my $$$, each time was a different “offer”, one was “hey, we’ll ship when we get it, and we’ll give you a discount coupon on next order”.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Yeah, after getting double charged for an ISPD order back in 2017 and never receiving the order nor reimbursement, I won't touch them.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Was hoping for Dunbar but ended up with a bag of Margate which I have wanted to try also. Had 10% off and of course added a few tins to reach free shipping. C'mon Dunbar drop!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Was hoping for Dunbar but ended up with a bag of Margate which I have wanted to try also. Had 10% off and of course added a few tins to reach free shipping. C'mon Dunbar drop!
Dunbar dropped. I bought 2 bags for a friend a couple of weeks ago. This is a good time to check with B&M's. There's still a lot of stuff on shelves, even now.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
I’ve ordered close to 100 times from P&C over the years and the biggest problem I’ve had that was their fault was a very delayed order caused by their epic software glitch a couple of years ago. Reasonable statistics from my point of view. Others have had less positive experiences but there’s no way to know how typical that is.

I got my latest order from P&C a couple of weeks ago. No problems. My order that same week from a different well regarded vendor contained several smashed tins in an otherwise intact box. Go figure. I had to jar those tins but I’ll survive.

Reactions: dcon
Status
Not open for further replies.