PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Terry Lennox

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2021
Southern California
Peterson (Dunhill), Orlik, Lane, Stokkebye, Escudo, Davidoff, WO Larsen, Stanwell, Erinmore and a bunch of others. Interesting that the pipe tobacco business does not even rate a mention in the news article. I know it's a cigar publication but also pipe baccy is a tiny business. For the sake of selection lets hope they do not cut SKUs.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
2v2vPQFtzx3L6Bn.jpg

The gnomes that run the US arm of STG leave a great deal to be desired. My ongoing dispute with their accounting department tells me that it is strictly amateur hour in their administration. That leads me to believe that the same is true for the rest of the company. There is little risk of them going belly up tomorrow, but a shake out of SKU's and trimming staff may well be in the cards, as a panicked move to right the ship. A decline of STG will be good news for their competitors, which, in my mind, would benefit the pipe consumer.

If that is the Cigars International building in the background, I propose that during the next spate of rioting, some of the people working the statues need to paint this one up as a clown. All would be right in the universe at that point.

As for STG, it's simple - all they need to do is start producing Orlik Brown Sliced again, and I'll personally contribute to keep them a float, at least for another month or 2 while I stock up.

Reactions: AroEnglish