Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured guest tonight is Steve Fallon, a.k.a "PipeStud". Steve has a well-known consignment-auction business for estate pipes and vintage tobaccos for which he also has some great stories. Steve is a former sports caster and currently works for the Texas Sports Hall of Fame.
steve-fallon.jpg

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I know Steve through Yahoo Pipesmokers2. He sells a lot of his stuff on consignment - all the tobacco, I believe, and maybe all the pipes, too.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Pipestud's all aces. He's great to deal with on his EBay pipes and his vintage tobacco site. I seem to be getting a lot of extra Priority Mail boxes a a result.
hp

les

birdseye

Lurker
Jun 4, 2009
MA
Probably the best show yet. PipeStud did a great interview. I remember his name from way back when before the internet had pictures. There was a newsgroup that I visited for awhile and he was one of the key players there. Can't remember the name of the group but it probably was the one that turned into alt.smokers.pipes.
It wouldn't be me if I didn't throw in a little critique. I listen on my iPhone through my car speakers. The phone interviews are a little hard to hear and Brian is clear as a bell. Any adjustments here would be appreciated.
I would also find it interesting to hear the different rituals of pipe packing and pipe cleaning from some of those that come on the show. I'm always interested to hear how my rituals compare to others.
Thanks for show.
Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.