PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I think the old offer was choose a tobacco and he sent a one or two ounce sample and then always added another sample of his bargain blend, both were shipped free back then.
EDIT: Sorry, this probably should have just been added to above post. I'm not post whoring...really.

Aug 1, 2012
You know, jpberg is right. If you are offered something for free, you should expect to have to pay for it. How foolish to take what somebody says at face value. Never take another free offer again without paying for it you greedy man you. [/sarcasm]

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
This link keeps coming back up again and again .Iam sure he gets lots of requests to the point it has become a job unto itself . These are good people so buy a pound of something and show some gratitude for all thier kindness to the pipe community . http://www.sterlingtobaccoco.com/

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
That old offer ended a month or so ago, there was a thread on here about it. Jack was loosing too much money

Btw jack has some fine blends not otc

Aug 1, 2012
I am in love with those pipes on his site even though they are a teensy bit out of my price range. I know nothing about the vendor and, as I said earlier, I don't pretend to know the particulars of the offer. What I do know is that for almost every "free sample" of tobacco I receive, I buy at least the price equivalent of a couple tins. I will probably try the Sterling stuff at some point.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
Jacks a straight shooter ; and you are off the beam. Apologise. I have a couple pounds of his stuff sittin at home, and will continue to due buisnees with him.keep in mind the number of members on this forum alone and factor in shipping costs.he is willing to eat the product cost......unbelievable.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I have dealt with Jack quite a few times before I discovered 4noggins. He is a great guy who actually sends your order along with the invoice! Pay after you receive it, which just states what a trusting and stand up kind of guy he is. If he is charging postage on Free Samples now, I can only assume it is because he may be feeling the "crunch" from sending out "free samples" and eating the shipping fees on them, with little or no return business from them.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Before this thing went crazy, it looked to me as he thought it sucked. At the end even said thats my rant. Didnt seem much different than weather man said sunny, it rains and we all go dammit that guy sucks. Not a big deal. I myself dislike when things go different. I am sure he just expected 4 or 5 comments saying that sucks. Not a full blown discussion on business ethics and gov. legislation. Hilarious.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I keep seeing people saying th OP is just being cheap. Do any of you buy items on sale? If you do stop being so cheap and just pay full price to keep the shop keeper happy. It's basic economics gents, offering free samples is a marketing tactic used to get cautious shoppers to "try then buy". It's a ploy that assumes a crowded market space and that the business owners products are superior if ONLY someone would try it. In my business if I quote a price I have to honour it no matter what, if I don't they pay me that one time and never come back again.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
keep in mind the number of members on this forum alone and factor in shipping costs
Jack should know how many people visit his website on a daily basis and should have factored in the shipping costs before he put the offer up on his website. I don't think this is about paying for shipping as much as it is about being told one thing, waiting a month or so, then being told something else.
That old offer ended a month or so ago
The question is, did the OP apply for this offer before or after the offer was taken off the website?

Status
Not open for further replies.