PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
About six months ago I received some of this mixture. It is a mixture of leftover tobaccos Jack Peterson is working with. This batch I tried has a strong fragrant tin note. There is floral and fruity scents in abundance.

It lit easily in my homemade pipe. I could not detect any specific flavors initially in the beginning of the bowl. But this probably had more to do with my inexperience. As the smoke continued, I could also determine that there was some strong tobbaco included. There was more nicotine rush than normal in an aromatic blend. For those who keep track, I only needed three relights and was able to smoke to the bottom without trouble. The ash was grey and there was no goop at the end. My wife graded the room note at "not bad" which is much better than "get away from me."

At $15 per pound, this mixture is a good deal for someone who smokes a lot and is open to surprises. There is sure to be high quality leaf added to it. But, since I only smoke occasionally, I want to know what to expect, maple flavor, English, cherry, etc.

PeriqueMyInterest

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
Alberta, Canada
I received a sample of this as well, along with some honey cut. The latter was very good but I have yet to try the bargain blend. It smells a little like soil and dry grass. I'm a little worried to give it a try because I have other tobacco that I KNOW is delicious and do not feel like taking the chance.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Jack's bargain blend is better than a lot of companies' premium offerings, for sure. :clap: Don't know what he does, but he does it right, and with excellent quality leaf. The best thing about the bargain blend is it changes all the time, too!

jlee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2011
Denver
The sample of Bargain Blend that I got just didn't do it for me. I gave it an honest go but just couldn't get into it. Maybe another batch would be to my liking?
The Double Eagle I ordered was Aces though!

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
I've also tried the bargain blend and realized that it contained fine tobaccos. What I did was mix an aromatic blend into it and it became delicious. I never toss tobacco, never, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.