New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 25, 2022
Cleveland, Ohio
I was trying out clenching my pipe and I definitely clenched too hard or rotated it in my mouth on a tooth or something cause I accidentally made a hole in the acrylic stem on my favorite Missouri Meerschaum Cob ?. I will try those softy bits when I get a chance. Besides that, are any other stem materials hardier than acrylic?

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I was trying out clenching my pipe and I definitely clenched too hard or rotated it in my mouth on a tooth or something cause I accidentally made a hole in the acrylic stem on my favorite Missouri Meerschaum Cob ?. I will try those softy bits when I get a chance. Besides that, are any other stem materials hardier than acrylic?

Those stems are comfortable and easy to clench.. That's how you know that they aren't acrylic. Downside is they get bitten up easily. They're usually less than a dollar a piece to replace. Just go ahead and buy you 15 or 20 and your problem is solved.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Try a Forever Stem from Walker Briar Works if you want a true acrylic stem for your cob. They’re around $30 each. Being acrylic, they’re easy to rinse and clean between smokes, so while I have several cobs, I’ve never seen a reason to buy more than one Forever Stem. Or just buy $5 worth of replacement stems from MM

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
Hell, I favor the cheap plastic bits that come with them! They are thin and comfortable. Never put a hole in one but I do find they wear and get loose in the shank after a year or so. I just do as others have suggested and buy 10-15 replacement plastic stems to keep on hand at all times.
W-a-a-a-y too simple. ;)