PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks like NOLA, and nearby Mandeville may be in somewhat better shape because of the tracking of this hurricane, but it is not such good news for Mississippi and Alabama coasts. Sally is a slow devil, so she'll dump big rains. This could be trouble even late in the storm. The rains, if not the winds, may reach me in central North Carolina on Thursday and Friday. This may just be a heavy rain, but the problem is we've had intermittent heavy rain all summer and this month too. So the water table is brim full, and the creeks and rivers are already high, and the big old root balls of big old trees are pretty juicy and loose. Hoping for the best. Keep an eye on this one. I sure will. This gives whole new life to the historical saying, "the roaring twenties."

Thanks, I am far enough Central, that all we got in the forecast are regular storms. They show we will get 8" of rain tomorrow.
But, we have been discussing taking in folks fleeing the storms like we have in the past, since we are right off the interstate a little, but... we aren't seeing the same evacuation traffic that we've seen in the past. Either, everyone had enough heads up and has already evacuated, or people are ignoring the evac. No telling.

eugenepark

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2018
Oklahoma
I actually wonder if these hurricanes are why my head/sinuses have been clogged up and miserable for weeks now..

SDJ1967

Lurker
Sep 10, 2020
Central Florida, USA
I spoke to a friend in Pensacola this morning. They said they're getting wind gusts and rain squalls and a pounding surf on the coast. Expecting a good deal of erosion.

The only good news I've heard so far is that the hurricane has been downgraded to a Cat One and will hit with 85 mph winds. That's lousy, but it could be a great deal worse.

I was in Miami for Hurricane Andrew back in 1993 and the triple hit in 2004 in Orlando, so I've been there.

Best wishes to all and hunker down. It's gonna be a wet one.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Oh I react. Low pressure systems always mess me up, but I usually feel great when it's clear, bright, and sunny out.
Yup, you've got sinus issues but they're most likely not caused by the weather: the weather simply makes them manifest. Been there myself. Still there myself.

You can make another test: dive into the deep pool and see if your ears bother you or hurt: note when—going down or coming up? If the latter, then, yes, low pressure systems are gonna spell trouble for you.

Reactions: eugenepark

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Drowning down there, on fire up here. At least there’s a pandemic, the air is mostly ash and smoke, massive job losses and the economy sucks and there’s enough racial / political issues to choke a horse, lol. So we have that going for us. ?

Seriously though best wishes for you and your families to stay safe. Those storms are nothing to laugh about. Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.