Status of Old Hollywood Briar? (Site Contributer and Youtube Channel)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

geopiper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
One question and a statement of my opinion: (1) Is Old Hollywood briar still a site contributor? I thought there was an announcement earlier this year that he was. I may not be looking in the right place, but I haven't seen much from him lately. (2) The direction his Youtube channel has taken is not for me. His tobacco related videos were educational, informative and entrancing. However, there hasn't been many tobacco themed videos posted lately.

Anyone know what's up?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
One question and a statement of my opinion: (1) Is Old Hollywood briar still a site contributor? I thought there was an announcement earlier this year that he was. I may not be looking in the right place, but I haven't seen much from him lately. (2) The direction his Youtube channel has taken is not for me. His tobacco related videos were educational, informative and entrancing. However, there hasn't been many tobacco themed videos posted lately.

Anyone know what's up?
It appears that all nine of his posts occurred between October and November of last year between only three threads. I'd forgotten about him until you brought him up. Didn't know anything about the videos though.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
He was an interesting dude. We had a few PM's. A restless mind traveling the seas of ideas and perceptions and exploring connections.

I took a look at the video he did on Hegel just now. Honestly, I skipped through most of it, but the selections from Hegel's writings were quite interesting, enough so to result in my not being interested in reading Hegel, not because the position is false, it's just not illuminating to me.

I suspect that this venue may have been too limited to hold his attention for long.

People come and go. Sometimes they return and sometimes they don't. Simple as that.

Reactions: woodsroad