Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
4noggins.com is the best place for international shipping in my opinion, you should have no problems, unless you have to open the package to claim it when you receive it.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
giripai,

i would really like to know where u bought ur first pipe and ur tobacco since u live india figured out that u would know the problems we face in india when it comes to tobacco and also wanted to ask u weather i could smoke a pipe outdoors in india without any problems from the cops u know how it is in here with the cops .....plus it would be really nice if u could tell me any gud online stores that sells gud pipes and tobacco in india
I see your blood on Warren's hands son.

nick13

Lurker
Nov 30, 2017
Hi all,
I am Nick, from India(Ahmedabad). Today I started my pipe smoking journey :). Received my con cob gentleman today by post. Pleasantly surprised as it was delivered in less than 10 days. I ordered it directly from corncobpipe.com on 30th of Nov'17 and got it today afternoon.

I am able to get pipe tools (got it 2 days back, another surprise as it also took less than 10 days) and cleaner from some other site. Awaiting for my pipe cleaner.

For my first bowl I have used Borkum Riff Cherry Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, as I am waiting for lane 1-Q from smokingpipes.com

I was able to pack my bowl decently. Enjoyed it but not completed as some work came. Used light matches (more than 4-5 :)).

Overall good experience. awaiting for my lane 1-Q tobacco
Thanks for having me here.

Throw the Borkum Riff away. That is only smoked by people who quickly become non-pipesmokers. In fact, I think that it is marketed to reduce the number of pipesmokers in the world.
Welcome to the forums. I am sort of an Indiaphile; loving all things Indian, food, style, culture, etc... It is great to have all of you guys from India here. Please, please, share photographs with us of you guys smoking your pipes in that beautiful and exotic land in which you are so blessed to live.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Welcome to the forums, Nick! I'd be interested in reading more posts from you regarding your experiences as a pipe smoker in India. :clap:

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Keep the Borkum Riff. I was introduced to pipe smoking this time around by a fellow who had been smoking for a very long time. He smoked BR only.
Yes, please do tell us more about your homeland and show us pictures.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Welcome to the Forum Nick. India, at least, as a traveller, is one of the most amazing place I have been, and I did not necessarily go to the best place, spent 4 months in Calcutta (including an amazing 10 days in Varanasi, drinking tea, watching Pujas, and listening to music concert in underground music school).

I hope you enjoyed your first bowls. Starting with aromatics is a common thing but a misonception and a risk for newcomers to stop smoking the pipes as well, because smoking aromatics, as far as I experienced it, requires somehow a good pipe smoking technique, they can burn hot easily if smoked just a little too fast, releasing more steam in the smoke that'll burn your tongue like hell. They smell like right out of the oven cakes and burn like them too :)

Lane 1-Q is one of my favourites regardless :)

Enjoy!

nick13

Lurker
Nov 30, 2017
:lol: finally the wait is over for me. I got the parcel of lane 1-q today and immediately had my first bowl of it.
i liked it very much. my wife love the room note of it. wonderful exp. i used frank method for packing and breath method of smoking. for me it was a decent attempt at both. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.