PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalo96

Lurker
Nov 17, 2012
Greensboro, NC
Got myself a little early Christmas present tonight. I have been puffin on some sorry briars for a few years and I finally decided to get something a little more worthy of a smoke. During a visit to my local B&M a Savinelli Trevi Smooth 320 caught my eye. I went back later and put my money down on it. Now I just gotta give it a try, can't wait.
pipes-.jpg

pipes-320.jpg

joshremy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
Cant go wrong with a Savinelli! They are good pipes! I have a variety of pipes in my collection, but 3 brands dominate it: Peterson, Nording, and of course Savinelli. They have good prices, a great selection of styles, and some great special edition lines. Looks good!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Buffalo, I have a Sav Author, black rusticated, love the shape , you gonna like your pipe, I like mine don" t know why I don" t smoke it, mine is a non filtered, smokes cool no matter how hard you push it The old cajun

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
Savinelli was my first pipe! I love the shape of that pipe and the finish looks great. Enjoy it!

buffalo96

Lurker
Nov 17, 2012
Greensboro, NC
I love that shape, but it is a heavy somebody. I have dubbed it "Fat Bastard". I am just trying to figure out how to safely break it in. I guess I will get some Carter Hall and slowly smoke it up.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Great choice. You'll never go wrong with a Savinelli. I have a Treve prince and it's a great smoker. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your Sav.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe and welcome to the forum. You will find good company here among fellow pipe smokers and collectors.
I also like Savinelli pipes and have several of them in my collection.
Doug

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
I have a Baronet Briar and I can't believe how good of a smoker it is, I can't imagine how great a Savinelli first would be!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That Savinelli is a great looking pipe, congrats. My first pipe was a Sav and I still own it. I have always broken in my pipes by filling it to the top with my favorite blends and went at it. I have never had an issue doing it that way and I build a nice even cake from the get go. I have never understood the half bowl method, but whatever you feel comfortable doing is what you should do.

buffalo96

Lurker
Nov 17, 2012
Greensboro, NC
Surprisingly, I couldn't find any Carter Hall around so I got a pouch of Captain Black and smoked a small bowl this afternoon. The Trevi 320 is 180* from my bargain basement Oom Paul. It was a relaxing pleasure to smoke something instead of fighting the pipe. I am still getting used to the heavy bowl and the wide stem. But I like it..... now I have to break it to the wife that I need 6 or 7 more. :P

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
Cool pipe! Seems like Savinelli makes some really good, affordable pipes.
And yes! At least one pipe/day of the week!!

Status
Not open for further replies.