PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Johnkelly55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2021
Lancaster, PA
I was looking at some estate pipes and I came across something I had never seen- a Stanwell World Class pipe. It was a great looking pipe. Given a very nice silver band. One the underside of the bowl it said: World Cup, 2019, Ukraine LVIV. Box says: World Cup of Slow Pipe Smoking.
All I can figure is there was some time pipe exhibition?
Is this worth picking up?
JohnK

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If it is an attractive pipe at a good price, yes. I wouldn't take out a loan for it, but it is a nice conversation piece in the pipe community.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
Stanwell has produced huge numbers of pipes for a wide variety of contests, shows, cities, pipe clubs, anniversaries etc. There are thousands of them.
So it's probably not a rarity by any standard, but very likely a well made smoking pipe.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I was looking at some estate pipes and I came across something I had never seen- a Stanwell World Class pipe. It was a great looking pipe. Given a very nice silver band. One the underside of the bowl it said: World Cup, 2019, Ukraine LVIV. Box says: World Cup of Slow Pipe Smoking.
All I can figure is there was some time pipe exhibition?
Is this worth picking up?
JohnK
Here's a thread from Oct. 2019. I believe this is the same contest. Is the pipe in this thread the pipe you're considering. If so, I'd snatch it up for a fair price.

Johnkelly55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2021
Lancaster, PA
Here's a thread from Oct. 2019. I believe this is the same contest. Is the pipe in this thread the pipe you're considering. If so, I'd snatch it up for a fair price.
Wow! Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: scloyd